Opportunities for STEM Graduates
Tuesday, February 2, 2021
STEM Graduates into Business: creating graduate opportunities with SMEs in Devon
There are over 5,000 SMEs across Devon that bring much to the local economy in terms of business output and employment.
They can often be overlooked in favour of large, well-known companies and graduates can miss out on the unique experience that working with an SME can provide.
Working for an SME has many benefits including:
- opportunities to work on key projects from the start
- a varied workload in a more personable working environment
- the potential of being given responsibility from an early stage
- exposure to cutting-edge innovations and new-to-market products
- a better chance to get noticed for your achievements by management
- gaining exposure across the wider business, providing you with a more rounded experience.
STEM Graduates into Business are working closely with businesses from across the region to identify 6- 12 month internships opportunities or permanent positions, which are available to graduates from any University.
The internships are a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills, experience and networks - and you get paid! They are such a valuable way to 'road test' a careers without committing long term.
More internships are anticipated in the new few weeks and months, so register your interest now to receive vacancy alerts.
You can also search STEM Graduates into Business opportunities here on Gradsouthwest.com