Using QuickBooks for purchase and sales ledger entries, bank reconciliations, preparing payment runs, sorting and filing paper work, aged debtors liaison, as well as submitting VAT returns, payroll processing, creating management accounts, compiling end of year accounts for onward handling by clients’ accountant. Some preparation and filing of limited companies’ accounts and Self-assessment tax returns.
In addition employees are required to use the company’s databases and administrative systems to record daily work sheets, changes to client details, work in progress, calendar etc.
We are a small team and everyone pitches in to help with general office duties as the need arises; e.g. making a coffee round, organising social events, keeping the office tidy, post runs, stationery orders etc.
Friendly, competent, organised, articulate, efficient, adaptable, accurate and dependable.
- QuickBooks / Xero / Sage (or similar) payroll experience
- Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook useful.
- Filemaker Pro, and good IT skills (Windows 10) helpful
- Computer literate
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- 5 GCSEs including English Language and Maths essential
- Studying for or qualified to AAT standards
- Degree and A-Levels or equivalent qualifications are welcomed