Reporting to the Office Manager, this role will be varied, exciting and will get you involved in many different aspects of the business. If you are the sort of person who likes to have lots of variety, enjoys tackling new challenges, an interest in all areas of business support, balanced with day to day routine activities, this role will offer great growth, training and development.
Kernow Controls specialises in Control Systems for building automation which delivers customers their perfect living/working conditions whilst reducing energy wastage – and all at the touch of a button. We provide all aspects of the design, programming, integration, implementation and maintenance of building automation systems. We work with national and international clients on projects of various sizes, from small boiler house upgrades to complete building control systems and integration projects. Our client base extends from main contractors such as Laing O’Rourke, CHT, NG Bailey, MJ Lonsdale to end users such as Land Sec, Vectura Group Pharmaceutical and the National Trust.
Nature of work undertaken:
In this new role, we want to train someone to assist with the day to day running of the business, to support the engineering team and also help with the expansion plans for the business. The work will involve all aspects of administration from supporting the book-keeping administration through to delivering high levels of customer service. We see this as an integral role to the business growth plans with the opportunity in the future to take the role in several directions. So if you are the sort of person who likes to juggle many tasks, likes it when no two days are the same and have a passion for organising and structure, then this will be an ideal role for you!
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Financial processes such as ordering and invoicing
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Maintain contact lists
- Making travel and meeting arrangements
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to the Directors and Engineers
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers
- Record and implement new internal process and undertake document quality control
- Relevant qualification in business administration/finance/computer skills
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant
- Some finance experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, be flexible and proactive
- Team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Please note this vacancy closes on 2nd December and applications must be submitted by clicking APPLY NOW.