What is the Agile Huddle?
The Agile Huddle is a FREE two-week work experience programme 5-16 August where you can improve your coding skills, learn how to work successfully as a part of a project team and get a head start in your software development career.
Who’s it for?
It’s open to anyone aged 16 and over with an interest in a career in software development. We’re looking for people who have some coding experience and want a chance to learn more about the software industry and how to successfully run Lean-Agile software projects. You do not need to have any professional experience.
What you get out of the two weeks
There’s plenty packed into the programme. Here’s a taste of what you’ll experience:
- Different software development tools, practices and technology
- Lean-Agile development and project management, like Test-Driven Development, Behaviour-Driven Development and Pair Programming
- Working in teams in a commercial environment
- An opportunity to meet and network with local employers in the tech industry
How to join Agile Huddle
Don’t miss out on this great chance, please complete the Cyber-Dojo exercises and form below to register your interest. The exercise is simply to understand your level of coding experience so we can ensure you will get the most out of the two weeks. It is not a test.
Cyber-Dojo exercises and applications must be in before 9am on 29 July 2019.
To help us understand your current technical ability and your preference in language, we’d like you to attempt a short exercise using a tool called Cyber-Dojo, and answer a few questions. Cyber-Dojo is a great environment for learning about coding and test-driven development. We are not looking for experts, we’re simply keen to see how you approach the exercise and to ensure you will get the most from the huddle.
If you are not already familiar with test-driven development, then below are some resources that you might find helpful:
• Introduction to Test Driven Development (http://www.agiledata.org/essays/tdd.html)
• Creating a practice session in cyber-dojo (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhktfuoYhcM)
• TDD in cyber-dojo (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0SaJlNyWMk)
Please complete the ‘Print Diamond’ exercise by clicking APPLY NOW to be directed to further information.