It is a fantastic opportunity for someone who would like to play a part in supporting the growth and future development of the company.
We’re focused on providing bespoke services to accommodate the needs of our diverse client base and, therefore, this role offers the chance to be involved in a broad variety of project types. Take a look at our website to see a few examples of the types of projects we have delivered.
By undertaking work on large-scale developments through to personal, residential projects as part of our small, growing firm, this role will provide the opportunity for you to see projects from start to finish keeping the work interesting and enabling you to keep developing comprehensive experience within the field.
Although the level of involvement/autonomy is dependent on the experience of the successful candidate, typical work activities will include the following:
- Working with Senior Architectural Technologists to ensure deadlines are met with regards to drawing production and client correspondence.
- Communicating with clients to ensure they are well briefed and informed through the cycle of their project.
- Producing of drawings and other detailed construction documentation.
- Keeping up to date with and working within parameters set by Statutory Authorities e.g. Local Planning Authority/Building Control
- Keeping up to date with and implementing Building Regulation standards into design philosophies.
- Assisting with Project administration
- General office administration
Ideally, we’re looking for someone with the following experience and skills:
- A thorough knowledge of AutoCAD or other relevant drawing package (Sketch-Up would also be an advantage)
- A willingness to learn and understand current planning policies, guidelines and application types.
- A willingness to learn and understand current Building Regulation standards
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Sound knowledge of all Microsoft Office software.
- Be reliable and have good time management.
- Be able to work on own initiative as well as being a good team player.
Required experience and qualifications:
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar role
- Degree in architectural technology or equivalent, HND or equivalent, apprenticeship or equivalent.