Job title: Assistant Agri-Commodity Broker
Commodity Solutions has been involved in the supply of grains and feedstuffs for over 20 years and has built up an impressive, long-standing client base.
We work on behalf of food and drink producers, shippers, merchants and traders; bridging the gap between buyers and sellers by sourcing and marketing grains and feedstuffs for processing into finished goods/products. Our clients are spread across the UK, Europe and further afield. We do not trade the commodities we deal in, but rather facilitate trade between buyers and sellers, providing insightful market information and price transparency.
We are looking for an Assistant Agri-Commodity Broker to join our growing team, helping us to continue to develop sustainable solutions for new existing and clients.
In this role:
- Manage the company’s contract execution system, ensuring all trades are correctly recorded and managed through to final execution/delivery. Predominantly managed on our internal database, through email and phone calls when required.
- Be responsible for fielding generic phone/email-based customer queries and enquiries which are not specific to an individual broker within the company.
- Help to keep research projects and price sheets up to date with the latest information available on a regular basis, sharing this information with clients when appropriate.
- Carry out internal evaluations on our trading history and customer profiles, presenting the findings to help identify specific supply chains and trading patterns which may be useful for future development.
- Over time you will collaborate with colleagues to help identify trading opportunities and marketing solutions for established and new clients, developing an understanding of the different physical commodity markets we trade in and learning the skills required to eventually become responsible for broking a specific commodity.
- Carry out targeted cold-calls with the aim of developing new customer relationships and trading opportunities.
A desire to learn new and hone existing skills is important. You’ll be surrounded by experienced brokers who have moved by choice from trading, production and shipping roles to form an experienced brokerage team.
Working as an Agri-commodity broker requires strong attention to detail and an ability to provide complex information to our customers in a timely fashion. Desirable strengths include good interpersonal and communication skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Financial acumen and a knack for numbers will be useful as your training progresses towards broking your own commodity, helping you to evaluate potential trading opportunities. The confidence to develop good negotiation skills is important and an interest in international commodity markets and global trade will be useful to facilitate and promote business, and ultimately execute trades by connecting buyers and sellers.
Please provide a CV which helps us understand your approach and experience so far. Ideally, it will show us your attitude towards your work and what you have learned, rather than just a list of roles and qualifications.
This is a permanent, full-time role. We cannot offer visa sponsorship and you must be able to work in the UK at our Salisbury offices. The successful applicant can expect:
• A competitive salary based on your level of experience – reviewed annually.
• Company bonus scheme – subject to performance.
• 25 days annual leave + public holidays.
• Company pension scheme.
• Health Insurance.
• On-site parking.
How to apply:
Click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and covering letter or call on 01722 782788 to discuss this opportunity in more detail. Let us know if you require anything which would help your success throughout our interview process.
Closing date for applications is 19th October 2022.