The Assistant Business Manager will assist the Business Manager to provide policy, communications and administrative support for officers and Members of South West Councils.
- Deputise for the Business Manager in her absence.
- Manage Administrative Assistants (currently 4) to ensure that effective and efficient event management support is provided in delivering a busy schedule of:
- Member and Officer Meetings and
- Programme of learning and development events
- Produce meeting notes/minutes, correspondence, first drafts of briefing notes and policy information and other documents as required.
- Support the Business Manager, working as part of a cross-organisational communications team, in managing the communications and marketing activity of SW Councils including administrative support for the main website and putting together the newsletters and social media activity.
- Policy and administrative support to the South West Strategic Migration Partnership (SWSMP) and other network activities that might arise
- Overseeing and supporting delivery of administrative support (which includes support for web-based products) for:
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool
- SW Jobs Board
- Supporting the Business Manager in delivering Member services support including managing annual appointments process.
- Ensuring the Chief Executive and senior managers are provided with diary management support
- Ensuring the proper management of information and data through the use of the customer relationship management system (CRM) and as required specific databases related to the work of SW Councils and SWSMP. Use the Microsoft Office Suite to manipulate data, produce reports, graphs, charts tables, letters, documents, marketing material and presentations.
- Liaise with the various Central Government, LGA, NHS and other contacts to organise key speakers and contributors to meetings.
- Support the delivery of all of the corporately agreed objectives of South West Councils as set out in the Business Plan and undertake any other duties, which are required in support of the work of South West Councils.
Salary: Grade 6 (Spinal Column Points 19- 23) £24,799 - £26,999
NJC for Local Government Services
Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
Responsible to: Business Manager