Wilton Bradley specialises in the design, development, distribution, and marketing of consumer products in the toy and outdoor leisure markets. We supply our own brands and products to a broad range of customers, from independent and multi-national retailers to international distributors. Whilst product design and development are a key part of what we do, we also distribute a select number of market leading brands in the UK including Bestway and Lay-Z-Spa, two of the world’s leading inflatable/leisure brands.
We have recently been recognised in the London Stock Exchange Group’s Report: 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain, acknowledging the fastest growing businesses across sectors and regions which have achieved significant performance, as well as being ranked in the Western Morning News’ top 150 businesses in Devon and Cornwall.
As a result of our continued growth, we are seeking a confident, dynamic Assistant Buyer with purchasing experience, that will bring an enthusiastic approach to work. The successful candidate will work closely with our Buyer within our Action Sports category, helping to bring new products to market and take a leading role in the purchase order process, ensuring goods are imported on time. Whilst supporting the Buyer with administrative tasks, the Assistant Buyer will assist in product development and learn the role of a Buyer.
- Raise purchase orders and manage from placement to delivery
- Analyse sales and maintain stock levels
- Maintain and update company databases and systems with product data
- Assist with developing and designing new products to bring to market
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of each product within the category
- Review key competitors and identify new opportunities
- Manage and develop supplier relationships with daily correspondence
- Communicate and negotiate with suppliers in the Far East and worldwide
- Conduct product and market research
- Any other tasks deemed by the company to be necessary for the successful completion of the role
- Graduate or equivalent
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent numeracy, time management and organisational skills
- Ability to complete tasks with careful attention to detail and to a high level of accuracy
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Previous buying experience desirable
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Highly organised, analytical, and methodical
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ambition and passion to succeed
- As the role is very hands on with product and requires team collaboration, it is office based.
Click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.