SportInspired’s vision is of communities connected with energy and passion, where people enjoy being active. Our mission is to achieve this through fun and inclusive community programmes which bring together local businesses, sports clubs, schools, councils and housing associations, inspiring new connections, life skills and opportunities. SportInspired now has a unique and dedicated team which makes SportInspired an exciting, innovative and unique charity. We have now worked with 70,000+ people across the UK and have a strong vision, backed by big ambitions and careful planning of how to increase and develop further.
Purpose of role:
Applicants will play roles in planning, organising, and delivery mutli-sport programmes for primary and secondary schools across the UK.
Duties and Responsibilities
As above, specific duties will depend on the skills and interest of the intern, but is likely to be some or all of the below:
- opportunity to make a real difference and leave a lasting legacy
- Graduate of a UK university within the last 3 years.
Skills and Understanding
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write in an engaging style and speak/negotiate with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Strong organisational skills with a good eye for detail
- Ability to carry out detailed research independently
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills, meaning the candidate is able to fit in well with a small and busy team
Behavioural Characteristics/ Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Pro-active and readiness to take on a wide variety of tasks
- Positive attitude and the ability to see challenges as opportunities for development
- Passion for sport and the wider benefits active lifestyles can bring to communities
- Right to work in the UK for the duration of the internship.
No relocation costs provided
Closing date: 26 Aug 2019
Interview date: 2 Sept 2019
Start date: between 9 Sept 2019 and 31 Oct 2019
End date: 12 weeks from start
To apply for this role please complete our internship application which can be downloaded here: http://ex.ac.uk/bqu. Please send your completed form to us by clicking APPLY NOW