Here at Central Interpet, we are now looking for a Brand Manager to join our group marketing team.
Who are Central Garden & Pet?
Central Garden & Pet understands that home is central to life and has proudly nurtured happy and healthy homes for over 40 years. With 2021 net revenues of $3.3 billion, the Company is on a mission to lead the future of the pet and garden industries. Central's innovative and trusted products are dedicated to help lawns grow greener, gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger.
Our Mission: To lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time.
Who are Central Interpet?
We have been part of Central Garden & Pet since 2004 but we also have a rich history of being a major player in the UK pet and aquatic industry, having been founded in 1952 by Neville Carrington. Today we operate globally selling our brands and our sister brands such as Nylabone.
What is the role ?
- This role will develop and deliver an integrated and effective brand plan designed to increase market share and profitability of our market leading Indoor Aquatic product ranges.
What are the main responsibilities?
- Working with Marketing and sales teams to produce and co-ordinate indoor Aquatic brand plans including, new product introductions, product portfolio management, point of sale, marketing communication and promotional activity for Trade and consumer campaigns designed to increase sales and margin across brands and distribution channels.
- Developing and controlling brand identities to ensure brand guidelines are adhered to and intellectual property is protected.
- Taking responsibility for managing pricing that optimises brand positioning, sales, and margins.
- Implementing key performance indicators to assist with analysing brand performance. Using this analysis to monitor and report performance of the brand portfolio. Identify areas of concern and work with the marketing and sales teams to create appropriate tactical responses.
- Generating effective promotional campaigns to maximise product distribution and sales volumes.
- Liaising with external agencies to create PR and digital media campaigns to maximise trade and consumer awareness and interaction with the brands
- Work with the Digital marketing team to ensure brands are well represented on online platforms - brand web sites and Ecomm.
- Monitoring and reporting on competitor activity and market trends highlighting competitive threats and opportunities and making recommendations to neutralise or exploit as appropriate. Generating clear competitive positioning for the brands.
- Maintaining a high level of customer insight through market research, customer engagement and close contact with sales colleagues.
- Co-ordinating and participating in exhibitions and events as required
- To collaborate and participate in project teams as required
- Create and manage expenditure budget linked to brand plan
What skills and experience are we looking for ?
- Qualifications in Marketing or Qualified by Experience
- Experience and demonstrable exposure to brand management or B2B and B2C marketing
- A creative and resourceful individual
- A hard working, team player who is resourceful and works effectively together or on own initiative
- An interest in aquatics or pets is desirable but not essential!
This role will be based out of our offices in Taunton, Somerset and is currently based on hybrid flexible working. There will be an occasional need for travel.
What are the benefits of working for Interpet?
- We are a great team that achieve great things together! We pride ourselves on how we do business and how we treat our employees.
- We are Investors in People Silver, accredited in 2020
- We operate a number of different working patterns dependant on the role, which could be on site, remote or hybrid.
- We offer a variety of benefits, some of which are below.
- Group Personal Pension
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan for all
- Life Assurance Benefit
- Employee Assistance Programme -inc. counselling, support and advice
- Access to My Interpet Hub - our reward and recognition hub, where you can win awards, enter competitions and gain access to discounted shopping, deals and cashback
Click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.