Our client has an exciting new role within their Yield department.
The main purpose of the role
- Contribute data insights and recommend most effective use of our clients' fleet.
- Work with key stakeholders to understand their commercial assumptions and use these to build commercial sales volume and revenue budgets for both the passenger and freight sides of the business.
- Analyse commercial performance (including benefit studies) against budget and communicate insights to the commercial and finance teams.
- Develop a model that will project future sales in order to re-forecast the years performance.
- Day to day liaison between commercial and finance teams.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Using historical data propose fleet deployment plans that make best use of our clients' fleet.
- Maintain the fleet deployment plans and support the marine operations team during the construction of the ferry schedules.
- Build passenger and freight commercial budgets incorporating our ferry schedule, historical data and commercial assumptions.
- Create and maintain all budget documentation.
- Analyse the commercial performance vs budget and ref-forecast financial year performance.
- Production of high-quality accurate MI in due time for the budget and scheduling process.
- Positive feedback from key stakeholders.
Skills and attributes
- Has strong analytical capabilities.
- Able to use tools such as Excel (or more sophisticated) to manipulate data to draw conclusions.
- Capable of producing informative reports, and analysis and budget spreads.
- Knows how to use or able to learn data analytics tools like Tableau or Alteryx
- Knows the application of procedures, methods, and techniques which support the analysis and administration of the budget.
- Can prepare clear slides and deliver presentations.
- Able to work as part of a project team with internal and external partners to deliver improvements.
- Eye for detail.
Enjoy problem solving.
- Proactive with strong organisation skills.
- A willingness to travel for business (within UK and to France).
- Passenger and freight sales teams.
- Products team
- Finance team [Cost control]
- Fleet team [Marine operations]
Knowledge and qualifications
- Strong Excel skills.
- Experience working with Tableau and Alteryx are highly desirable.
- Aptitude to learn new systems and tools is essential.
- French language skills are desirable.
- Full driving licence (car) required.
Their Employer Values
Embracing Change - Being an inspirational colleague and driver for the business strategy and the new DCE organisation. Being able to convey the story of the change and the collaborative / client support culture that are underway and help their teams to be part of this change, addressing fears and concerns if there are any.
Big Hearted - Being generous with their expertise and knowledge - someone who is often sought out for their perspective and advice. Being able to actively develop colleagues and help them to collaborate with other colleagues, also outside the DCE. Being able to present the brand promises and the corporate values in the way that is engaging for colleagues and external partners.
Constantly Curious - Being open to new ways of working and drive continuous improvement by looking for new ideas and approaches inside and outside Brittany Ferries. Being able to listen to their colleagues, engage with them on test and learn principles and feedback to the DCE leadership team.
Eye for detail - Having high standards in their field of expertise. Setting detailed tactical plans to deliver the objectives of the DCE. Being able to work under tight deadlines and give their team appropriate guidelines and delivery focus. Setting clear expectations for their team and give specific regular feedback on performance and behaviour. This includes how team members interact with internal clients, suppliers and other departments.
People who like people - As part of improving our overall levels of staff engagement, being able to recognise and thank people for the work they do. Being energetic and encouraging, even when encountering resistance from their team.
To make an application send your CV and Covering letter by clicking APPLY NOW