- Fulfil annual service requirements and ongoing maintenance at client sites.
- BMS fault finding including field equipment and cabling, panel wiring, panel components and software.
- Conduct changes to electrical circuity and undertake panel modifications.
- Provide remote assistance to clients, operators and onsite technicians.
- Formal reporting to senior engineer and clients following maintenance or remedial works.
- Assemble and wire new control panels and field device sub controllers.
- Undertake pre commissioning of BMS systems and support lead engineer in system operation commissioning.
- Assisting BMS lead engineer in setting up networks, installing and commissioning software.
- Developing control systems designs and specifications including description of operation, cause and effect tables, point lists, network schematics, software and graphics as part of a project team.
- Producing assurance and quality control documentation
Nature of work undertaken:
You will be working as part of a project team to deliver all aspects of control system design, documentation, implementation, commissioning and aftercare. Regular travel across the UK to clients is essential all through the stages of the project you will be working on to keep them on track. The work is a mix of smaller projects under a lead engineer to larger system projects supporting a project engineering team. The projects range from providing new building control systems, upgrades on existing systems together with undertaking service and maintenance contracts.
We are looking for someone with the following experience or relevant transferable skills covering;
- Electrical control panel installation
- Good knowledge of electrical principles.
- Knowledge of mechanical building services
- Proficient in MS Office
- Documentation writing
- Document control.
- Available to travel and work away from home for which a driving license is essential
- Relevant qualifications.
Our ideal candidate would also have…
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills
- An understanding of industrial and building control systems
- Experience of PLC control
- The ability to manage own work load
- Good attention to detail
- Experience in customer facing roles and liaising with technicians
- Aspirations to become a fully trained BMS engineer