Granted is a market-leading business consultancy specialising in unlocking non-dilutive funding for innovative companies. Since its foundation in 2010 the company has secured funding for over 400 ambitious organisations looking to catalyse their growth through innovation.
Headquartered in Exeter, with a satellite office in London, Granted is currently experiencing a period of rapid growth and is now seeking to recruit an ambitious and dynamic full-time salesperson to join its team.
The Business Development Manager role is critical to the future success of Granted’s business. The successful applicant will be focused on generating and converting new B2B sales opportunities. This will involve lead generation, evaluating and qualifying prospects and conversion into active clients.
In order to be successful in this role, the applicant will need to have a deep understanding of the sales process and dynamics and also superb interpersonal skills. Previous experience in a sales or business development role would be a distinct advantage.
This is a great opportunity for the candidate to embrace an entrepreneurial environment in a fast-growing company and benefit from the opportunity to be a key member of the team as the business continues to grow.
• Being the first contact point for new enquiries
• Generating new business from various sales and marketing activities
• Represent Granted at Industry events; engage in networking and develop B2B partnerships
• Educating potential clients in the funding opportunities and requirements
• Matching potential projects to available funding opportunities
• Develop and deliver proposals and presentations
• Negotiate terms and convert sales
• Conducting new client handover meetings to the delivery team
• Reporting on activity and sales targets, including tracking opportunities using Granted’s CRM
Candidate should ideally :
- have a degree gained within the last 3 years
- some experience of proposal writing
- posses demonstrable communication (written and verbal) & interpersonal skills
- be pro-active and be able to problem-solve
- be self-motivated and driven to achieve targets
- be organised and able to prioritise tasks and workload
- be able to work in a team environment across functions and priorities
- be proficient in MS office suite and capable of learning new software packages quickly
It would be desirable if the candidate also had:
- A demonstrable track record in a comparable B2B sales or business development role
- Experience of lead generation, prospect qualification and sales negotiation
Knowledge of the business funding landscape and innovative technologies is desirable, but full training will be provided.
To make an application send a covering letter and CV by clicking APPLY NOW clearly demonstrating how you fit the role and person profile and why you would like to work with Granted. This role is open to graduates from any university.
This job role is being advertised under the GradTalent Development Agency - a new project which offers a personalised employment service designed to offer additional support for local* graduates to secure local graduate opportunities.
You do not have to be a local* graduate to apply for this role and all applications will be considered on their merit.
However, if you are an eligible local* graduate we can offer additional support with:
- Your application - when you apply, we’ll offer you a free CV review (before we send your CV on to the recruiter)
- Your interview - if you are invited to interview, contact us for a free 1-2-1 interview coaching session prior to your interview
We can also help with:
- Post placement support designed to optimise on-boarding and ongoing development
- Advice and guidance to assist graduates with a disability
To take advantage of this support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Local graduates are defined as; graduates originally from the South West, who went to University in the South West and are looking for jobs in the South West.