Working closely with production, you will improve brand awareness and promote the quality products we manufacture through our distributors to end customers. As the Business Development Manager, you will be the main point of contact with our distributors – working with both our existing distributor network and potential new distribution clients. We are looking for someone who will enjoy talking to potential customers and handling enquiries from distributors, as well as the opportunity to liaise directly ‘in the field’ at trade shows and at machinery demonstrations.
The role will require a good deal of creativity, self-management and communication skills. You will take on a pivotal role in researching new markets and distributors to manage our UK distribution base and wider export opportunities. You will also be proactive in the development of new sales materials such as videos, brochures and photos, alongside social media marketing and brand development. You will also communicate with our distribution network on product development, warranty procedure, specification changes and sales promotions.
The role will be split between office based marketing activities and sales work which will include travelling to see clients and distributors. Contact time at the office will be vital, but home working days will also be possible.
Skills & Qualifications
- Valid passport with no restrictions
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent previous experience) in subject area
- Good communication and people skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Manufacturing or agricultural background (professional or personal) advantageous
- Experience of sales or marketing in a previous position
- Self-motivated and able to use initiative to prioritise work load and diary