This is a great opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to join our team. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Business Development Manager role is focused on achieving financial growth for Swathe Services.
The role requires long-term strategic goal setting, building key customer relationships, identifying and responding to business opportunities, negotiating and closing business deals with the help of the support team, responding to tenders and maintaining extensive knowledge on current market conditions.
In addition, the BDM will manage existing clients, ensuring they are satisfied whilst maintaining ongoing relationships, seeking referrals and new business opportunities. Face to face meetings requiring presentations on solutions and services that meet needs or predict future requirements is a key part of the role.
There will also be industry events, conferences and seminars to attend and present at.
Typical duties and responsibilities:
The primary role of the BDM is to generate income streams from new and existing customers.
New Business Development
- Identify potential clients and the decision makers therein
- Create, manage and develop relationships that in turn generate new income
- Create an industry network to support this.
- Set up face to face meetings with client decision makers and influencers
- Plan approaches and presentations
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships
- Work with technical staff and other colleagues to meet customer needs
- Follow up all leads and ensure CRM is fully utilized and managed to ensure accurate forecasting
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry events and provide feedback and information on market and trends
- Present to and consult with board with a view to developing new services, products and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop Swathe Services unique selling proposition and differentiators
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met.
Personal skills and qualifications:
- Degree in industry related field
- Hydrographic surveying experience or extensive knowledge of the industry
- Ability to manage own time and diary
- Self-starter willing to pick up the phone and arrange face to face meetings frequently
- Car owner with full driving licence as there will be regular travel, including to Hayle HQ
- Sales experience preferred