Sustainable Kitchens (SK) is an independent kitchen design, manufacture and installation company. We work with clients in Bristol, London and beyond with a mission to inspire a sustainable lifestyle. We are passionate about sustainability and focus on building great relationships through our honest approach to everything we make and do.
As part of our development plans, we are looking for a sales-oriented Business Development Specialist to work with the Managing Director. The successful candidate will lead our sales growth, develop new business, and much more. This new position has been created to provide strategic support and to invest in future management talent. The role involves both strategic thinking and detailed action, requiring the successful candidate to continuously learn and grow the business.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a self-starter to gain extensive knowledge within a small company and to make their mark, whilst informing business decisions and working alongside the management team to improve and develop performance, standards and company culture.
The Business Development Specialist is responsible for developing and monitoring sales and marketing campaigns to win new business and build brand awareness, especially amongst architects. The role includes developing and securing selected high potential key accounts, whilst providing timely and reliable information to support Sustainable Kitchen’s business strategy, goals and objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for a sales and marketing professional to work with a rapidly expanding young team in a fast growing business. The successful candidate will probably have worked in a larger related business and will be looking for an opportunity to demonstrate their skills in a freer, dynamic environment.
The position reports to the Managing Director as a key member of the business team.
The post is based in Bristol, but there will be frequent requirements to travel to visit specifiers and clients, and to events and industry meetings, with occasional overnight stays.
Particular responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- lead on new business campaigns, prepare presentations, and meet with influential architects and builders to present the company’s product offer;
- develop regular continuing business with selected architects and other specifiers;
- build strong relationships with clients, focus on client satisfaction, and advise on how to add the most value for our clients;
- develop and direct sales plans, campaigns, and events in line with the annual business calendar to secure new clients and to offer new products;
- act as the primary sales developer for selected high potential opportunities in conjunction with other team members;
- ensure that all sales opportunities are fully captured, explored and followed up;
- maintain consistent sales processes through all customer contacts in accordance with SK’s standards and processes;
- collate and maintain data on competitors to ensure that marketing and sales campaigns position SK as a differentiated, high value offering;
- maintain and update the marketing database with prospects, contacts and mailing lists;
- prepare reports for weekly sales meetings, management meetings, monthly management packs, and annual budgets;
- support the team to build a nationally recognised brand and provide brand-building strategies;
- develop an expert understanding of the kitchen design industry, our market segment and strategies to maximise our authority in the marketplace;
- build relationships with relevant industry thought leaders to improve SK’s visibility in the market;
- identify product development and product mix opportunities to remain competitive;
- represent SK at industry events when required in a professional and knowledgeable manner;
- work with all team members to develop strategy, new service offers, and the client base.
There will be an initial probation period of up to six months. During this time, the job holder will be fully immersed in the front end of the business, driving sales, working on new business and pursuing leads. This includes supporting the Design Manager to win client projects, identifying key areas for improvement, and helping to project manage clients through the customer journey.
Salary: c £30,000 – £35,000 OTE per annum, depending on experience.
Holidays: 20 days plus statutory holidays initially, with additional days depending on length of service
Pension: Employer contribution of 3% of salary
Is this role right for you?
Working for a small company means that you have to use your initiative and problem solve frequently. It requires a hands-on approach to tasks and you have to be able to juggle tasks whilst working in a fast-paced environment. It requires you to be proactive and innovation with your solutions. The company has three core values that guide everything we do, they are Honesty, Sustainability & Relationships, we expect everyone in the company to champion these values. We have worked really hard to create our company culture, one that we are very proud of and we want to work with like-minded individuals. We look forward to hearing from you.
Apply for this role by sending a CV, covering letter and an email explaining why you would like to work for Sustainable Kitchens by clicking Apply Now.