Wilton Bradley is a well-established, family run, import and distribution company with a wealth of experience in sourcing goods from around the world, and in particular the Far East/mainland China. We are specialists in leisure goods and our various brand’s cover surf/skate, water sports, wetsuits and dive gear, outdoor play and toys, with an ever-expanding portfolio of brands and products. We see brand and product development combined with efficient, highly productive and precise operational activity as a key to future success. Our customers range from; independent retailers, wholesalers, buying groups and major chain stores, including a rapidly expanding network of international distributors and an expansive online presence.
This is an exciting new role created as a result of our continued growth. We are seeking an individual with an enthusiastic approach to analytics, to drive and improve the understanding within our business and to drive effective decision making. The successful individual will work closely with various teams, Managers and Directors throughout the Company, to help us transform our use of data and analytics to uncover new opportunities and grow our business.
We are a responsible employer and as such we are observing all recommended guidelines regarding social distancing, daily cleaning, provision of antibacterial hand wash and hand sanitisers, etc., to ensure the safety of our colleagues, clients and prospective team members.
- Develop and manage business intelligence solutions for both commercial purchasing teams.
- Identify trends in product categories as well as consumer trends.
- Improve on current b2c forecasting tools and build out various scenarios for upside and downside – both external and internal i.e., increased marketing spend, increased competition.
- Establish a prescriptive process and model for product purchase recommendations including volume, timing, and frequency of subsequent shipments, incorporating key external factors.
- Documentation of developed analytic activities.
- Support and maintain the data quality used in KPI’s for the business.
- Strict adherence to relevant health and safety procedures
- Any other tasks deemed by the company to be necessary for the successful completion of the role.
- Analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving skills developed through long-term experience.
- Ideally Qualification in either Data Science, Mathematics or Statistics
- Working knowledge of technology, databases, and data visualisation
- Be able to contribute independently and as part of a team.
- Commercial awareness
- Project management techniques and ability to effectively prioritise.
- Excellent listening, and interpersonal skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively and to all levels of understanding
If you would like more information about the role, please call us on 01626 835400.
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter bu clicking APPLY FOR THIS JOB NOW.