File Dynamics Ltd is an outsource services company providing IT, HR, Accounts and Office Services and business process and file management solutions, supporting over 2000 end users across the country, predominantly in the legal, insurance and healthcare sectors. Having adopted Investor in People principles we have a clear focus on development of our people to deliver a high-quality professional service in a cost-effective and approachable manner.
Our solutions are built around our in-house file management system with integrated Business and Client Portals, automated business process software and associated scanning and telephony applications.
NET/C# Application Developer
About this job
- Job type: Full-time
- Experience level: Junior - Mid-Level
- Salary: £26,000-32,000 per annum.
- Hours of Work: Mon-Fri, 9-5, with an hour for lunch
File Dynamics are looking for .NET developers to join their central Bristol team; if you are looking to take the next step in your career as a .NET developer this is the job for you!
The Job: As an application developer at File Dynamics you will be working on a diverse portfolio of projects, from website and desktop applications to line-of-business software services and MI reporting engines. Often using the latest tools and technologies, you will be expected to expand and showcase your technical skills from day-one in a friendly and successful development team. The role will be based in central Bristol although some of the team are based in Leeds and Fareham.
To help you keep your technical skills sharp and up to date you will be given an unlimited account on PluralSight.com to learn new skills both in and out of the work environment (with dedicated work time each month).
Role Duties and Responsibilities: This role will involve writing clean, readable and reusable code using Object Oriented principles and working with the team to deliver high quality software. The successful candidate will be highly organised with a track record of working in the context of a structured agile life-cycle. They will be able to work to strict specifications whilst still ensuring they develop the best solution for the customer. It is essential whilst carrying out this role to keep abreast of latest methods and trends in programming and be aware of when they should or should not be used!
Our Tools & Technologies
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017+
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012+
- Microsoft Azure Platform
- Visual Studio Team Services//Azure Dev Ops
Why Join us? With Investors in People accreditation since 1998, we positively encourage our staff to progress and develop within the Company. We recognise that our continued growth and success is the direct result of the contribution of our staff.
Our wide range of benefits, include a generous holiday entitlement, flexible benefits (including pension, bikes for work and health screening), bonus scheme and development opportunities. We have an active social committee and support various charities/fundraising events across the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from a wide range of candidates.
Please note that any offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory credit check and basic criminal record check. This information will only be used to assess suitability for employment insofar as it is relevant.
This position is based in central Bristol, UK.
Skills & requirements
Skills/Competencies required: The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following technical skills -
- T-SQL skills and understanding of relational database theory.
- C# (or similar OO language, e.g. Java).
- Working knowledge of the Visual Studio IDE and the .NET technology stack.
- Experience with version control software (e.g. VSTS, Git or SVN).
- Alongside the above, it would also be advantageous to have experience and knowledge of -
- ASP.NET MVC framework for web programming.
- WPF, MVVM and associated design patterns for modern desktop programming.
- Web service programming using WCF, WebAPI (or similar SOAP/REST technologies).
- Interest in front end programming trends (TypeScript/Angular).
- Interest in visual design and user-experience (CSS/Bootstrap/LESS/SASS).
- Testing frameworks and tools (MSTest/NUnit)
If you are interested please send your CV and covering letter to us by clicking APPLY NOW