STEM Graduates into Business are pleased to be supporting Yurts For Life in recruiting a recent graduate with excellent 2D & 3D CAD skills along with a creative streak to get involved with many aspects of this small business on a 12-week internship. They are looking for someone to join their laid-back team but at the same time someone who is able to deliver quality work on time. Additionally they are looking for the right person who can also use their design skills to help lift their marketing and sales offering and record everything that they do in drawings, to improve efficiency.
The ideal intern will be required to:
- create 3-D drawings of all yurt types and bespoke products i.e. windows, doors, porches and covers. (Together and Exploded)
- create 2-D diagrams as required for internal and external use
- create 3-D drawings for quotes to assist sales manager
- assist in the creation of marketing materials suitable for sending to clients and to put on the website.
Yurts For Life make, maintain and hire yurts to commercial, private and third sector clients in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Southeast Asia. They haven’t sold into the Americas yet, but give them time! In their opinion, they probably make the best yurts in the world and are very proud of what they do.
They are keen to hear from suitably skilled recent graduates who also have the following personal qualities:
- excellent attention to detail
- the ability to use their own Initiative
- a fair amount of creativity
- the ability to problem solve
- a great team worker who likes to ‘Work hard, Play Hard’
- and it would help if you have an interest in yurts!
Hours of work will be 8am – 5pm,
For an informal discussion about this opportunity please contact Sacha Macey on: 01803762370
To make an application please send a covering letter and CV by clicking APPLY NOW clearly demonstrating how you fit the role and person profile and why you would like to work with Yurts For Life. This role is open to graduates from any university who have graduated in the past 3 years. Closing date 11th August 2020.
Help with applying can be found in the Careers Advice section here on Gradsouthwest, by contacting your university or colleges careers department or from the Stem Grads team by emailing email@example.com
This role is being advertised as part of STEM Graduates into Business, a European Regional Development Funded project delivered by the University of Plymouth Careers Service. Its aim is to increase the number of paid internships available to recent graduates with small and medium sized enterprises based in Devon. Funded until spring 2021, the project should produce 80 internships with 80 separate employers across the county.
By providing support and funding to the SMEs, it is hoped that a cohort of graduate employing SMEs will be created which will continue to employ graduates beyond the life of the project.