Based at Cornwall College, Camborne, in the Unlocking Potential offices, the essence of this challenging yet rewarding role is to support businesses in Cornwall to take pro-active steps to realise their business innovation and growth ambitions.
The ERDF funded 'Future Focus' programme offers a range of support options that enable us to work with a diverse range of business clients at different stages of growth. You'll talk to business leaders with different levels of prior business experience, from start-up entrepreneurs to seasoned Managing Directors.
As a first point of call in the office, your job will be to engage the leaders on the phone, understand their needs and provide information to illustrate the value of support available. Demonstrating a genuine interest in their business ambitions and plans, you will provide a positive initial experience that will enthuse and encourage potential clients to participate in the Future Focus programme.
The role also involves working closely with colleagues to pass on your initial business diagnostic thoughts to ensure a seamless and positive client experience; to facilitate this, you will ensure robust reporting is maintained and that internal procedures are followed.
Applicants must have:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Excellent listening and communication skills - verbal, written, presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills with a can do attitude and the ability to build rapport and engage clients effectively
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Driven to deliver quality whilst working towards programme targets
- Demonstrable ability to organise to an exceptionally high standard
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word / Excel/ Outlook / PowerPoint/
- Exceptional listening skills with an enthusiastic approach to supporting others
- Friendly, positive approach to working with clients and colleagues
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- An outstanding, motivated and supportive team player with high integrity and respect for others.
Unlocking Potential has the enviable reputation of successfully delivering high quality services through a team of enthusiastic, dedicated staff who work hard to unlock the potential of people and business. Our people are our most important asset, so to join our dynamic, hardworking, passionate and friendly team, you will need to demonstrate that you are approachable, client focussed and a team player. You will be someone who thrives on change, loves a challenge, respects others and truly takes pride in doing your best.
Other Application Details
This role is fixed term until 31st October 2019 and is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) with a strong likelihood of extension.
* The post holder will be office based and will be required to travel throughout Cornwall; a driving licence is therefore essential.
n.b. see the full job description for a complete set of requirements on the Cornwall College website.
If you require further information please call Nicky Luke on 01209 616304
N.B. The Unlocking Potential offices will be closed from 20th December to 3rd January for the Christmas holidays.