This role is based at the Clinical Trials Unit within the University of Exeter Medical School which delivers high quality support services that are critical to the research aims of the University. Exeter Clinical Trials Unit (ExeCTU) is a University of Exeter supported facility and works in collaboration with researchers and clinicians in the design and delivery of high quality and efficient controlled trials and other well-designed studies addressing important health questions. The CTU team consists of Data Managers, IT Analysts, Clinical Trial Managers, Statisticians and other Research Methodologists and Health Professionals.
Purpose of Role
The GBP will become an integral part of the team and work very closely with the unit manager to manage all the administration and operational issues of the unit from IT, Finance, HR, Quality Assurance and Trial Management. There will be an element of day to day administrative tasks to leading on process improvement projects in the defined areas above.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Collating and signposting CTU support requests and ensuring the database is maintained and kept up to date.
2. Support the Operations Manager in ensuring that files within document management system are kept up-to-date and provide administrative support for SOP creation, maintenance and updating
3. Support the collation of clinical trial metrics
4. Assist processing study paperwork.
5. Filing/archiving of research funding requests and ensure that appropriate CTU governance and quality assurance paperwork is in place.
6. Provide a full administrative support service to the Clinical Trials Unit and other appropriate partners, ensuring general resources are available as directed.
7. Undertake routine financial transactions
8. Develop a working knowledge of subject area, particularly in relation to processes and systems, being able to signpost these to others and provide support to staff and external stakeholders as required.
9. Working with Team Leaders in Operations, IT, Statistics, Data Management and Trial Management to undertake process improvement projects and implementing them on time and within budget
A graduate with a BSc degree in the last 3 years preferably with a science or medical element, business will be considered
Skills and Understanding
• Excellent organisational and planning skills and the ability to priorities and meet deadlines under pressure
• High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
• Fast and accurate database inputting skills and maintaining and using a database for retrieval of information
• Ability to communicate effectively with precision and accuracy in person, in writing and email, and by telephone with a diverse range of people
• Excellent IT skills including proficiency in MS office (especially, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and web based programmers.
• Knowledge of Higher Education and NHS systems would be an advantage
• Experience of delivering excellent customer service and effectively handling complex enquiries
• Relevant administrative experience
• Experience of working in a team to deliver to multiple objectives.
Behavioural Characteristics/ Personal Qualities and Attributes
• Ability to work in a team
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
• Ability to take direction
Graduate of a UK university within the last 3 years
Right to work in the UK for the duration of the internship.
To apply for this role please complete our internship application which can be downloaded here: http://ex.ac.uk/bqu. Please send your completed form to us by clicking APPLY NOW