Flann Microwave is a market-leading designer and manufacturer of precision components and equipment, they are looking for a Communications and Marketing Manager to join the company.
It is an exciting time to join Flann Microwave as we roll out a brand new strategy and introduce a portfolio of new products.
This role will involve creating and implementing a communication and marketing strategy, using channels including social media as well as implementing the company’s Stakeholder Plan. You will be working to improve our brand awareness and promote our activities internationally.
We are looking for a natural communicator, with a flair for marketing and an enthusiasm for growing the business. You will be an organised individual with an eye for detail and a strategic approach. You will have excellent knowledge of marketing channels and experience of setting goals and measuring results.
We have a 60 year heritage, and are continuing to grow, which allows good opportunities for career development within the team of 66 employees. This role is technically orientated due to the nature of our business.
Other Key responsibilities:
- Initially undertake a review of current practices and create a marketing and communications plan for the company
- Implement the plan approved within the pre agreed timescale
- Grow our following in social media, using all appropriate channels
- Optimise our website traffic and reach
- Create new marketing material for new products such as datasheets, catalogue developments and press releases
- Create and distribute a variety of communications both internal and external
- Constant evaluation and improvement on what works and what we can do better
- Working with major publications to get the best brand awareness within a budget
- Maximise our PR opportunities to ensure we get seen in the right places at the right time.
- Organising trade shows and associated logistics
- Compiling regular communications reports for Management
- Internal support to assist the development of the company’s culture driven by – Win the customer, one Flann team and continuous improvement
- Key role to play growing the reputation of the business nationally and internationally
- Be instrumental in the continuous analysis, monitoring and improvement regime of the company
- Work with managers and supervisors to implement the Company’s policies and business objectives
- Carry out any other duties reasonable within capability as the Company requires, flexibility is key as part of a small team
Based in Bodmin, Flann is internationally renowned for the design and manufacture of high quality, high performance components and systems for commercial and military applications of microwaves including communications, radar and research. The business has an international reputation for high-performance, high-quality waveguide microwave components in specialist markets.
Flann makes critical components and test equipment for waveguide-based applications as diverse as national air traffic control and airport security systems, traffic light radar sensors, collision avoidance technology for cars and secure communications networks. Our clients include Goonhilly Earth Station, the major telecoms companies, universities, broadcasters, all the prime UK, European and US and defence manufacturers, Airbus and the UK Met Office.
Flann prides itself on good craftsmanship and an innovating culture and currently work a 4 day week (38.5hrs).
The closing date for this position will be 23/03/18