If given the chance, can you see yourself managing a community project to revamp an old chapel into an amazing community space?
This post is subject to successfully securing funding from The Rank Foundation ‘Time to Shine’ programme. Our chosen candidate will also be interviewed as part of their grant making process.
Are you the next member of the Treverbyn team?
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop your skills and experience in property/community development and property management. It will be a fantastic role to have on your CV, not to mention the feel-good factor of having done something amazing for the good of our friendly community and repurposing a lovely old building! We need a highly organised and motivated person to join us for a year as we take on an exciting new project to transform a disused chapel into a vibrant community space. Ideally, you’ll have some experience of project management, partnership working, building/construction and seeking grant funding. However, we are more interested in the right attitude and determination as training and support will be available for you in this role.
What we need you to do:
This role will allow a person to demonstrate and develop their ability to manage and implement a community focused project.
The key responsibilities for this role include coordinating the asset transfer of the old chapel from Cornwall Council to Treverbyn Community Hall; liaising with key stakeholders and developing costed plans for bringing the building back into use; seeking grant funding for the capital works required.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Undertake project planning, management and implementation to deliver project on time and to budget.
- Monitor and report on progress and provide recommendations/solutions to overcome any obstacles encountered.
- Engage and liaise with stakeholders to obtain support and commitment for the project.
We’re looking for someone with these things:
- Degree level qualification
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Initiative, focus and attention to detail
- Ability to liaise with others at all levels
- Solutions focused – tenacity to get things done Numeracy and excel skills
- Well organised and thorough.
- Drive and determination to make things happen.
And these skills/experience would also be beneficial:
- Project Management
- Working in partnership
- Knowledge of building construction
Treverbyn Community Hall is a unique and very special place in the community of Treverbyn. It was handed to the local community in 2013 and underwent a £250,000 extension and renovation project, reopening in November 2014. The Centre is now available for many community and business uses. It is a warm, friendly, welcoming place and has fast become a well-used and versatile community hub for people of all ages. The nearby Treverbyn Chapel, is currently owned by Cornwall Council who are interested in transferring ownership to Treverbyn Community Hall.
The post offers a unique opportunity to play a vital role in bringing a mothballed building back into community use. The Chapel has been out of use for over ten years and requires refurbishment before it can be used. We are excited because, once refurbished the chapel will provide a further 3 rooms for community activities and services; some of which have already been identified.
Other Application Details
Please apply by submitting a CV and covering letter.
- 40 hrs / week, to include some evening and weekend working.
- Pension: 3% contribution (after probation period completed)
- Annual Leave: 30 days
- This post is subject to successfully securing funding from The Rank Foundation ‘Time to Shine’ programme. Our chosen candidate will also be interviewed as part of their grant making process