Join Somerset’s Business Awards, Employer of the Year 2021 – WPA
- Starting salary from £20,689 based on skills and experience - plus major employer benefits - training and progression is available with your salary rising to £27,558.
- Permanent positions.
- Role based in Taunton, Somerset, close to J25 of the M5.
- Full time hours (37 hours) – if you wish to discuss alternative hours, please contact us to discuss this further.
Our heritage dates back to 1901, and as a not-for-profit organisation we are one of the UK's most long-standing and respected Health Insurers. Continually striving to outshine the competition, we have won many awards for our excellent Customer Service and advanced use of technology. In 2021, for the second year in a row, WPA won "Health Insurance Provider of the Year" at the Moneyfacts Consumer Awards and in March 2021, we were recognised as "Employer of the Year 2021" at the Somerset Business Awards.
Our ethos is to treat others as we would wish to be treated ourselves, this includes our customers, employees and our local community. WPA recognises that we have a responsibility to the environment and are certified with the world’s most recognised environmental management system (ISO 14001). WPA also remain committed to help good causes through the WPA Benevolent Foundation and WPA Charitable Foundation, which funds projects throughout the United Kingdom which promotes good health and provides assistance with transport costs to and from hospital for families in financial distress with profoundly ill children.
About the role
WPA continue to thrive and as a result of our success and growth we are looking to expand our team. This is a great opportunity to start your career with a very successful business which will provide the foundation to learning more about Customer Service, Private Medical Insurance, the Insurance Industry, along with the opportunity to obtain professional Insurance Qualifications when you are ready to study again. WPA currently have vacancies for Customer Support Officers - these positions are critical to the success of our business and without these wonderful people, we could not deliver the excellent standards of customer service that WPA are known for. Progression routes do exist for the people with the right attitude, skills and experience. Once your experience in our business grows, we can also help you achieve your longer term career aspirations as we often have vacancies within other areas of the business such as Finance, IT, HR, Relationship Management and Business Development which are advertised internally and can support further professional training.
These positions will:
- Ensure excellent customer service is delivered through all contact channels (phone, email, livechat), assisting them both in finding their correct treatment pathways and in managing their policy administration;
- Act with empathy and compassion towards our customers, assisting them at their time of need often dealing with sensitive and confidential work – never has there been a more important time, to make a difference to people at their time of need.
We are keen to hear from you if you are looking for a fulfilling career with an employer where your passion for delivering excellent customer service and treating others as you wish to be treated will be valued. You will have previous experience of working in a front line customer service role and whilst not essential, if you have any telephone and/or administration experience, this would be great. You will also have excellent attention to detail and can manage time and prioritise correctly in order to meet targets to a high standard, which will be no problem because as graduates you have been balancing this for some time now and today, is the perfect opportunity to put this into practise in a successful and stable business. You will also need to have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s at Grade C/Level 4 or above, which should include Maths, English and Biology or a Double/Triple Science award.
What WPA can offer you?
- A warm welcome to WPA where you will receive the necessary training and support so you can start to learn more about our business from day one.
- Extensive employee benefits, some of which are summarised below*:
- an attractive starting salary with progression routes which supports ongoing development;
- annual bonus;
- annual leave entitlement which increases with length of service;
- ability to purchase additional annual leave so you can achieve that important work life balance;
- company funded social events;
- a range of health and wellbeing support initiatives;
- paid charity days so that you can support a charity that is important to you;
- ·onsite subsidised restaurant;
- cycle to work scheme;
- generous pension scheme;
- private healthcare and funded employee cash plan;
- access to a Remote GP service
We are a minute away from the M5 and we have ample free car parking onsite.
If you are interested in finding out more about these exciting roles, or applying for this position, please contact the Personnel Services Team:
All enquiries will be replied to. Thank you.
*Terms and conditions apply.