ICE is a long established recumbent trike manufacturer successfully producing high quality and innovative products to a world-wide customer base built up over 21 years. Due to rapid and continued growth ICE is looking to introduce a new position to provide improved data and systems management support to ensure the smooth running of the business. Data is currently handled on in house servers with a network of 25 users.
This new and pivotal role will be reporting to the Head of Finance and Commercial and working closely with the other Heads of Department, in this fast growing and friendly business, your role will be to ensure that ICE has consistency and integration across all data and systems for production, communication, reporting and finance. You’ll become a key part of the team and ensure that data is managed as effectively and securely as possible. You’ll implement systems for efficient analysis, storage and documentation of company records. It will be your role to develop the capability of key business systems by effective project management of all systems support work.
The nature of the work:
Maintenance and development:
- Analysis of all aspects of legacy systems to include SAP and external SQL queries, reporting on the current systems and development required.
- Maintenance and development of SAP to gain the most value and use of the system.
- Coordination with stakeholders in order to meet specified requirements.
- Working with heads of departments (HODs) to produce a prioritised system development programme within specified and agreed time frames.
- Development of KPI reporting system for HODs.
- Setting and maintaining data standards.
- Control system authorisations and licenses, and overall security.
- Assistance with the annual product pricing review. This may involve creating reports, extracting data, updating SAP data.
- Providing technical leadership, guidance and direction, whilst undertaking accountability for their deliveries.
- Setting coding standards and instilling good development practice and processes.
- Ensuring the creation and maintenance of the appropriate level of technical documentation for all stakeholders using the ICE Wiki.
- Supporting testing, production readiness and release activities.
- Working with GDPR data officer to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Developing solutions (working with ISO coordinator) to ensure continued ISO 9001 compliance.
- Implementing a password control system.
- Managing projects to deliver new sales platforms which includes an improved Configurator, online Web-shop, and their integration into SAP.
- Reviewing and developing our stock management and forecasting system to ensure balanced stockholding.
- Producing and maintaining a long-term IT development plan.
- Peer group /cross team liaison
- Working closely with other managers to deliver and report on achievement of operational plan.
- Contribution to strategic decision-making with regard to systems and data.
- Attending and reporting into monthly department meetings.
- Efficient and timely use of Asana
The ideal candidate would have the following personal skills, experience and qualifications:
- Degree/HND level qualification in Business Systems/IT or equivalent (Or relevant high level experience)
- Excellent knowledge of networks
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems, running on MS-SQL databases.
- Able to lead and manage others.
- Excellent communicator, at all levels
- Well organised, able to manage tasks and time, prioritise effectively and work to an overall plan.
- Strong team worker, supports others, takes responsibility, works to a joint plan, updates and communicates well.
- Able to follow process and procedure to ensure efficiency in working.
- Open and honest, able to speak up when needed and approachable to other colleagues.
- Available to travel as required to fulfil the needs of the role.
- SAP Business One experience
- Experience in warehousing/stock management.
- Experience working with remote systems using FTP, RDP, and VPN
- Management training and/or qualification