A graduate is sought as a Digital Account Executive for Absolute PR and Marketing, a leading agency based in Dunchideock, on the outskirts Exeter. The successful candidate will deliver engaging content to a mixture of audiences across a full mix of digital channels, ideally with a background in both B2B and B2C communications. This graduate role is part of the GBP scheme, based in the workplace in Dunchideock and is offered on a permanent basis.
Absolute PR and Marketing is a leading agency based in Exeter. First established 21 years ago, the agency has reputation for delivery high quality, creative work that delivers impactful results that help to achieve client business objectives. Testament of our success is the number of long-standing clients and staff that we have retained over many years in business. The successful candidate will join our established team of six agency staff, performing a key role and making an important contribution to our work. Our culture is to encourage the development of all staff, nurturing and supporting their talents to help them grown in a non-hierarchical environment. Every member of our team is a valued one. We work hard, have fun and are driven by a desire to add value and make a difference in all that we do. CSR activities the agency has supported in the past year include, working with Dartmoor National Park, Age UK Exeter, DarExeter Foodbank and Westcountry Rivers Trust.
Purpose of Role
The successful candidate will deliver engaging content to a mixture of audiences across a full mix of digital channels, ideally with a background in both B2B and B2C communications.
The company offers extensive opportunities to further develop your professional skills.
- Developing a high-quality content plan for both B2B and B2C audiences with the aim to drive success at all levels of the customer funnel (awareness, consideration, conversion and retention) and directly contribute to an increase in revenue
- Build and nurture key relationships with business stakeholders, influencers and suppliers
- Create and deliver a full mix of digital marketing content across, website copy, video, blog, imagery and other channels
- Be the primary contact and coordinator of company blog and news channels
- Be responsible for managing social media accounts
- Researching, writing and compiling content for monthly scheduling across platforms, sourcing imagery and identifying key influencers to interact with
- Providing actionable reports on digital content marketing activities and recognising areas for further development
- Provide content and communications support for: events and webinars, writing and editing pages for the company websites, creation of rich media, email marketing copy, ad-hoc campaign landing pages
Training and Development opportunities
We work in an open plan environment which ensures the entire team is constantly learning from each other. We find this is really helpful to new members of our team who learn from more experienced ones. We also encourage staff to participate in on-going training opportunities to help them to develop their skills. The beauty of working in a small agency is there is plenty of opportunity for progression and to take on more responsibilities as skills develop unlike in a larger agency which has a more structured hierarchy.
Other Benefits, Rewards and Recognition
Additional holiday entitlement for long service.
- Annual company bonus scheme.
- Staff rewards scheme.
- Company pension scheme.
- Participation in team development days.
- Participation in team CSR activities.
- Employee performance bonus.
- On-the-job-training – lunchtime learning sessions and attendance at industry led training events.
- Free parking.
- Excellent written communication skills - ability to research and recognise valuable content and adapt it to a range of formats
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Able to interpret verbal and written briefs and work as part of a team
- Experienced social media user across all main platforms, with knowledge of post scheduling and reporting
- Creative thinker - able to spot new trends, emerging technology and willing to put your ideas forward
- Extremely organised, able to document plans and processes, work under pressure and take initiative
- Ability to access the workplace in rural location (i.e. there is no public transport to this location) on the outskirts of Exeter.
Behavioural Characteristics/ Personal Qualities and Attributes
Enthusiasm, proactivity and a desire to learn are personal qualities we are seeking as is a can-do attitude and eagerness to be part of an ambitious and driven team.
GBP Scheme Requirements
To be eligible to apply and undertake a GBP role you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Achieved* (or about to achieve) a full undergraduate degree (or Masters or PhD).
- Graduated in the UK within the last 3 years of your most recent degree (we will consider extenuating circumstances of potential applicants that may have prevented them from undertaking a graduate role within 3 years of graduation).
- Attended a British university (or spent time studying at a UK university through ERASMUS)
- The University of Exeter is committed to developing an environment which promotes equality of opportunity, values diversity and inclusivity.
- The University of Exeter is a Disability Confident Employer, committed attracting and recruiting people with disabilities, and retaining and supporting staff with disabilities. If an applicant declares a disability and meets all the essential criteria, they will be invited to interview.
- We welcome applications from all eligible students and in particular those from the following underrepresented groups. Selection and recruitment itself will be entirely on merit alone unless there are multiple applicants demonstrating equal merit. In this clear circumstance, preference would be shown to applicants from under-represented groups. This is in line with lawful positive action measures under sections 158 and 159 of the Equality Act 2010.
- Right to Work in the UK for the duration of the GBP internship without the need for sponsorship and follow the Intern Guidance- Proving Right to Work the UK. Current immigration legislation prevents the university to provide sponsorship certificates for GBP roles, as they do not meet the requirements for a Tier 2 (General Visa) as explained on the International Student Support webpages
- Residency in the UK for the duration of your GBP role
- You cannot undertake another GBP role if the contract length in total exceeds the maximum duration of 23 months working as a GBP.
*To undertake a GBP role you must achieve your degree. In the unlikely scenario where a degree is not awarded, the GBP hours may be reduced to 15hrs a week (for undergraduates) or 6hrs a week (for postgraduates) to enable to the graduand the capacity to successfully complete their degree. If the graduand fails their degree the GBP role will end early.
Interviews for this role are expected to take place on 17/05/2021.
To apply for this role please complete our internship application which can be downloaded here: http://ex.ac.uk/bqu. Please send your completed form to email@example.com