2. Provide support for specific projects and programmes either directly or through partners to develop the County’s identified priorities, with a specific focus on managing project partners, consultants and budgets. This will include (but not limited to) an integrated package of support and funding to generate growth and innovation in our health and social care sector.
5. To assist in the scoping and development of new funding applications with the potential to follow some of these through to delivery in a programme management style role alongside the Senior Economic Development Officer.
6. Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of the Directorate’s work and the contribution it makes to deliver the County Council’s Strategic Plan, the Strategy for Growth and other implementation plans and programmes as applicable.
7. To conform to, actively commit to and promote DCC Customer Service Standards both with internal and external 'customers' when using any communication media including telephone, email and face to face.
Economic Development Project Assistant’s Projects
- To monitor and update the BSI social media communication in accordance with policies and liaison with DCC’s communications team. For example keeping our twitter feeds appropriate, current and interesting.
- To develop and manage individual programme marketing plans alongside the programme managers including: drafting news articles, updating web pages, and seeking out new networks in various sectors to engage with.
- To administer and manage our Business Support Framework in accordance with existing processes and procurement policy which facilitates procurement of business support activities across the HotSW LEP area. (Heart of the South West Local Enterprise Partnership – Devon, Somerset, Plymouth & Torbay)
- Working with business support providers to ensure Devon businesses get access to high quality help and support to enable them to expand and grow.
- To support our work with Adult Social Care colleagues: to support growth and innovation in this sector through and integrated package of support, including a grants program for innovation around ‘edge of care’ activities.
- Other duties as may be required by the line manager.
ESSENTIAL CANDIDATE CRITERIA:
Degree from a UK university within the last 3 years
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Excellent and broad range of communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good oral and written presentation skills
- Ability to travel
- Able to perform role with reasonable adjustments
- Commitment and conformance to DCC Customer Service Standards
- Ability to demonstrate creative and innovative thinking and to successfully implement creative and innovative solutions
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads, including resolving conflicting priorities
- Excellent IT skills, in particular familiarity with Microsoft software packages
- Knowledge of website design and development and e-commerce opportunities
- Good working knowledge of social media
- Right to work in UK for the duration of the internship
- UK driving license desirable but not essential
DESIRABLE CANDIDATE CRITERIA:
- Experience of implementing promotional campaigns
- Experience of organising events
- Project management experience and skills
- Report / bid writing skills / experience
- Understanding of business and commercial needs and drivers
- Interest in the Health & social care sector
- Closing Date: 22/10/2018
- Interview Date: 5-6/11/2018
- Start Date: 19/11/2018
- End Date: 03/05/2019
To apply for this role please complete our internship application which can be downloaded here: http://ex.ac.uk/bqu. Please send your completed form to us by clicking APPLY NOW