Join our growing energy assessment team based in Exeter, delivering services across the Southwest of England and beyond.
You will be supporting the Directors to deliver Energy Assessments for a variety of domestic and commercial clients. Initially this is a desk-based role and will involve working from home with occasional co-working.
You will be able to drive and have access to your own vehicle, although this may not be necessary for the right DSM modeller!
What you will be doing:
- Working from architectural plans and mechanical and engineering drawings
- Researching HVAC, lighting, and renewable energy equipment in buildings
- Using computer software to produce energy efficiency ratings and Energy Performance Certificates (EPC)
- Using SketchUp and/or IES computer software to model energy in buildings for SAP/OCDEA, SBEM and over-heating analysis
- Sharing efficiency ratings with property owners and explaining your findings
- Potential for surveying, in person with additional training
Opportunities and Benefits:
- This role has the opportunity for growth, training, and development.
- Training budget. Opportunity for training to deliver on-site assessments and EPC or ESOS assessments may be possible, subject to the ambitions of the applicant.
- IT Equipment provided to deliver the role.
- Home-based/remote working
- 28 days annual leave
What we need from you:
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Maths and physics A-Levels (or equivalent) at grade ‘B’ or above (preferred but not essential)
- Engineering or related STEM degree at 2:1 or above (preferred but not essential)
- Full UK Driving licence and use of a vehicle (preferred but not essential)
- A strong internet connection
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience using 3-dimensional modelling software.
- Ability to read floor plans and CAD files
- Experience with SAP/OCDEA or over-heating Modelling (TM59) (preferred but not essential)
- Experience of SBEM (preferred but not essential)
- Knowledge of the built environment (preferred but not essential)
- Knowledge of the UKs Energy balance and market (preferred but not essential)
- Be creative, practical, adaptable and enthusiastic.
- Be highly motivated with excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Able to work independently as part of a team
Click APPLY NOW to submit your application