Executive Officer (2 full time posts) Salary £28,066
Petroc is one of the South West’s leading colleges, committed to raising aspirations, knowledge and skills of individuals, communities and businesses in Devon and beyond. Petroc is looking to the future with confidence and with high ambitions for our 10,000 learners and as a confirmed Ofsted rated ‘Good’ college we are a highly performing educational provider.
Petroc are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and well-organised Governance Advisor & Head of Executive Office and two Executive Officers to create a new dedicated, friendly and supportive team.
Executive Officer roles
The Executive Officer provides a range of high level executive, secretariat, and project support services to the Executive including providing strategic advice, managing communications and implementing strategies to support the achievement of the organisation’s strategic and operational objectives.
• Prepare, manage and review the provision of high-level communications and correspondence including briefings, reports, submissions and notes to ensure the comprehensiveness, accuracy, and timeliness of written information.
• Act as the Executive point of contact, liaise with stakeholders and action requests to coordinate communication and proactively ensure responses meet deadlines.
• Support with implementing, monitoring and reporting on strategic, operational and project plans to inform decision-making and support achievement of organisational objectives.
• Assist with the research and preparation of strategic advice, information and reports on diverse and complex policy, planning and operational matters to facilitate informed decision making and planning.
• Assist with management and support, responding to emerging issues to ensure effective resolution with minimal risk to the organisation.
• Assist and lead with projects to support the achievement of organisation level strategic and operational objectives.
The ability to communicate effectively, confidently, professionally and confidentially with a wide range of people, focused on delivering outstanding customer service. It would also be desirable if you have a bachelor’s degree.
Candidates should be digitally confident in the use of Microsoft word, excel, email and Internet, with an ability to learn new software systems, and adopt and shape new ways of working. You should have an interest in education, be tactful, reliable and have a good sense of humour.
The successful candidates must follow College procedures regarding confidentiality and act in a professional manner at all times with regards to information disclosed during the meetings.
Candidates are welcome to have an informal conversation with either the Chair of Governors or the Principal & CEO. If this is of interest, candidates should contact Treena Baglow on 01271 338133 to arrange this.
Closing date is noon on 5th August 2020.
To apply, please click APPLY NOW to be redirected to the Petroc website to find out more about the role and download an application pack. Please note that it is not College policy to accept CV’s