Are you looking for the opportunity to use your financial experience to maximise the growth and impact of a social enterprise working to transform the lives of children and young people?
RJ Working CIC need a highly organised Financial Manager to work as part of our team and support the Chief Executive and Directors to manage our Community Interest Company’s finances efficiently. This important new role will help us deliver the organisation’s objectives, both internally and externally, collaborating with other organisations to achieve our wider strategic plan. Offered as a 12-month fixed term contract with the potential to be extended as this role becomes central to our operations.
What we need you to do:
The key responsibility of this role is to help the organisation grow through the development of effective financial systems and resource management and to put in place robust processes. In addition to routine financial management and the production of monthly management accounts we hope you will lead in creating, developing and implementing a system to oversee financial information, reports and financial modelling to support the Chief Executive with grant funding applications and reporting to grant funders and other projects.
Other responsibilities of the role:
- Preparing detailed annual budgets for approval by the Chief Executive and Directors and overseeing cash flow management
- Processing payroll/pensions on a monthly basis including monthly returns, payments to Inland Revenue and year end returns
- Processing journals, accruals and prepayments
- Preparing regular bank reconciliation and investigating various accounting issues
- Creating and Maintaining the Fixed Assets Register
- Creating the process for production of the year end accounts, liaising with auditors and assisting with annual audits, as required
- Recording and monitoring restricted and unrestricted funds
We’re looking for someone with:
- Educated to degree level or foundation degree level (level 5)
- At least two years’ demonstrable knowledge and experience in the review and production of accounts
- Excellent IT skills with extensive experience of working with online accounting systems, Excel and MS Office
- A methodical approach and ability to maintain accurate and transparent data systems
- The ability to work as part of a team and with diverse people
- The ability to embrace the values and aims of RJ Working CIC
And these skills/experience would also be beneficial:
- Being partly or fully qualified with one of the major accounting bodies
- Experience of using cloud-based accounting system such as “Xero”
- Experience and understanding of charitable financial management (SORP)
- Experience of dealing with auditors and a clear understanding of their requirements
- Willingness to be flexible, tolerant and non-judgmental
- Experience of reporting to the Charity Commission and other funding bodies
- Experience/interest in social impact reporting for funding applications
RJ Working CIC is a social enterprise founded in 2012 whose mission is to prevent and repair harm by promoting the 'Restorative' model in education to support young people's leadership in social and environmental justice.
From 2012 to 2016 our focus was the development of community in specific areas of Cornwall. Since 2017 we have focused on building community around Cornwall's schools and colleges through empowering young people's leadership and teamwork and training adults to support them using the Restorative model.
Our vision is that every child should learn Restorative language, principles and confidence as part of their education. We want Cornwall to demonstrate the difference that a whole system can make through age-appropriate use of the Restorative model, at Primary, Secondary, FE and University levels. We are currently focused on reaching all Secondary Schools with specific offers to work online with students and staff.
For further information/informal discussion please email firstname.lastname@example.org with FINANCE MANAGER in subject line.
Deadline for applications:14th July 2020
To apply please click 'Apply' and submit your CV and a covering letter outlining your interest in the post.
Further Information: Shortlisting: 15-17th July
Notifications Monday 20th July
Interviews: Friday 24th July via zoom