As part of their growth and development, FalFish want to invest in 2 ambitious, exceptional and committed graduates with the ability to hold a business conversation in one of the following languages: French, Spanish and/or Italian.
You will develop into our future leadership talent within our commercial department with opportunity to take on a leading post and grow and develop with the business. You will need to build an understanding of the business from strategy level right down to the operational details. In return for your vision, drive, passion and ambition, we will help you manage your career towards taking up significant responsibility within 5 years and you could be taking up a Directorship within 10 years.
It’s a fast-paced environment; no two days are the same – so you will need to be prepared to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in! To thrive, we need you to be able to excel practically in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- To gain a full overview and understanding of Falfish Ltd and the fishing industry
- Develop expertise in SW fisheries, species, catch methods, processing and directly contracted boats
- Enhance our existing UK and European customers
- Develop a new customer base across the UK, Europe and beyond in fresh and frozen fish products
- Train as a super user for the company’s management information system
What you can expect
This will be an individually tailored, 2 year talent development program exposing you to all areas of the business and each key department. You will cut your teeth and develop your skills in a junior leadership role, gain experience within several disciplines and deliver a number of real mini projects within each department.
Throughout this time, you will be mentored by a department manager who will work in conjunction with your line managers to ensure you realise your full potential. You will be provided with an induction buddy (for all the day-to-day questions). We are not expecting you to feel that you should know how to do everything – but we will want to see that you are confident enough to succeed with support. As you will see, our programme is about giving you genuine responsibilities and challenging assignments in the real commercial world, while offering practical development and learning opportunities.
Required Personal skills and qualifications:
- Degree/HND in a relevant subject area
- Ability to hold a business conversation in at least one of the following languages: French, Spanish, Italian (preference will be given in shortlisting to those with proficiency in two or more of these)
- A numerical and analytical mind, great commercial awareness and plenty of common sense
- Strong communication and negotiation skills and a strong customer focus – a genuine desire to work with other people in a positive, pro-active way
- The ability to manage and prioritise your workload in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent IT skills, including Word and Excel
- A hunger to drive your own career and become one of our stars of the future
- The sea fishing industry by its very nature cannot function on a 9 – 5 basis, therefore early starts and a flexible approach to finish times is required in order to meet production schedules and the demands of fishing vessels and clients alike. Hours of work will be Monday to Friday from 5am and will require the successful graduates to work every other Saturday on a rotational basis.
- Previous experience within the food sector
- Previous purchasing experience
- Previous sales or export experience
- Interest in the fisheries sector
- Understanding of key account management
- Understanding of sales presentation requirements
Falfish Ltd has been coined ‘the hidden pearl of Cornish businesses – Why? Because we have been quietly growing since 1979, to become Cornwall’s largest seafood processing operation with a multi-million pound turnover and delivering wholesale fish supplies across the UK and Europe. In this environmentally conscious market, sustainability is at the heart of our ethos; we only handle sustainably caught fish from well managed fisheries. The promotion of the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) and Responsible Fishing Scheme (RFS) accreditation is a priority for us at Falfish.
Other Application Details
In return, we offer an unrivalled benefits package which includes:
- £25,000 per annum
- 32 days Holiday
- Health Care
- Mobile Phone
- Training and Support
Please apply online via Unlocking Potential Jobs by clicking APPLY NOW including an up to date CV and a cover letter/film, or other impressive mechanism, outlining why you feel you are the best possible person to take our business to the next level in the future.