STEM Graduates into Business are pleased to be supporting Hybrid Touch Games with the recruitment of a graduate intern on a 12-week internship. Although initially offered as an internship, a permanent role is available for the right person.
Hybrid Touch Games is an innovative game design company, looking for a talented game programmer proficient in using the Unity 3D SDK to work on developing new game concepts and gameplay prototypes in collaboration with concept designers. As you are probably aware, the market moves fast so they also have to move fast to keep up with it! You will work on an iterative design approach, testing and planning the launch of games to the Mobile marketplaces. You will be responsible for managing the projects you work on to completion. This will initially be in the form of playable prototypes, which will be pushed into full production if results are successful.
- Excellent knowledge of Unity 3D and C# games programming skills, with the ability to write quality and easy to maintain code.
- Ability to add your own ideas to the concepts, to enhance the end product, add value and innovate to create a great end-user experience.
- Ability to manage your own time and priorities within the projects.
In particular, the areas of interest are:
- Experience using Physics (3D and 2D)
- Experience with implementing various control inputs for mobile (touch screen): virtual joystick, swipe and gesture inputs, analogue inputs and tactile feedback.
- Experience with Android and iOS development, ideally building / deploying binaries to the relevant stores.
- GUI implementation (animation and user interaction)
- Prototype development requires quick iterations and experimentation, implementing gameplay mechanics and finding the best solutions to perfect the “good feeling” in the gameplay.
- Understanding of best practice to developing code by the most efficient, scalable and optimised methods.
- Working with 3D models, applications such as Blender, UV, Shaders and Materials.
- Some experience using GitHub repositories for collaborating on projects and branching of iterations of projects.
- Experience with Unity Animation (GUI and character animation techniques etc)
Hybrid Touch Games are very excited to have the right graduate on board to help them create and deliver their next “big hit” game!
The role will be a full-time position with the opportunity to work in our cosy office mixed with remote working. Exact details of the arrangement can be discussed.
About Hybrid Touch Games
Hybrid Touch Games is a UK based game design company, trading since 2013. Working in collaboration with a larger Studio and Publisher in Poland, the main Studio has specialists in all areas of game development including 3D and 2D artists, video production, marketing, business intelligence, user acquisition and publishing to the main mobile game platforms (iOS, Google Play, Nintendo Switch).
For an informal discussion about this opportunity please telephone Mark Hockings on 07956 066 663
To make an application send a covering letter and CV by clicking APPLY NOW clearly demonstrating how you fit the role and person profile and why you would like to work for Hybrid Touch Games. This role is open to graduates from any university who have graduated in the past 3 years. Closing date 13th August 2020.
Help with applying can be found in the Careers Advice section here on Gradsouthwest, by contacting your university or colleges careers department or from the Stem Grads team by emailing email@example.com
This role is being advertised as part of STEM Graduates into Business, a European Regional Development Funded project delivered by the University of Plymouth Careers Service. Its aim is to increase the number of paid internships available to recent graduates with small and medium sized enterprises based in Devon. Funded until spring 2021, the project should produce 80 internships with 80 separate employers across the county.
By providing support and funding to the SMEs, it is hoped that a cohort of graduate employing SMEs will be created which will continue to employ graduates beyond the life of the project.