2 x PR Graduate trainees are sought by Livewire Public Relations, in Surbiton, Surrey. The role involves writing releases, articles, case studies, and securing media coverage. Livewire will fund your Chartered Institute of Public Relations membership. This graduate internship is for 23 months.
Livewire Public Relations is looking for 2 energetic, ideas-generating and media savvy interns to join its brilliant team. Based in Surbiton, Surrey, the agency works with schools, Multi Academy Trusts, colleges, universities, care homes, fostering agencies and suppliers of resources to those sectors including providers of curriculum software, management information solutions, intervention programmes and a wide variety of other services. Work is very much policy driven so if you are keen to help make social change and improve the life chances of children and young people today this is the one for you.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Writing releases, articles, case studies etc
- Pitching/selling in stories to the media and securing coverage
- Social media - creation of plans for clients, preparation of posts, tweet sheets etc
- Image selection and resizing
- General administrative duties
Training and Development opportunities
On the job training, work shadowing and brilliant opportunities to gain a wide range of new skills.
Level of Support
Other Benefits, Rewards and Recognition
• A good salary
• A good work-life balance – flexible working, paid sick leave, unpaid leave of absence, time in lieu
• A beautiful and pleasant working environment in Grade II listed premises
• A workplace in close proximity to great shops, lively pubs, restaurants and leafy parks
• Easy commuting – Surbiton is 20 minutes from London and 30 minutes from Guildford
• On the job training
• Paid membership to the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) further to one year’s service
• 29 days holiday (inclusive of bank and public holidays)
• Plenty of space to be creative
• Scope for career development
• Dress down Fridays and Friday take-away
• The opportunity to help drive social change
- Degree from a UK university within the last 3 years
- English, PR, marketing or journalism degree is preferable.
- Work experience in a B2B agency environment, education or technology would be beneficial.
Skills and Understanding
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Social media skills
• Selling in skills
• Research skills
• Organisational skills
Work experience in a B2B agency environment, education or technology would be beneficial, but not essential
Behavioural Characteristics/ Personal Qualities and Attributes
Upbeat and can do attitude
Right to work in the UK for the duration of the internship.