The post sits within the Student Experience and Employability Team which services the College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences and involves supporting and delivering our ambitious plans to engage and involve current students more actively in the College academic community. This involves providing support and guidance for a range of schemes and projects including, Students as Change Agents and Peer Support Networks and a variety of community related events. These are flagship student engagement schemes for the University of Exeter where students identify, research, develop and deliver innovations in the learning and teaching environment at the University. The role is required to provide a full administrative support service to support the operation of Staff-Student Liaison Committees including the ongoing training and development of student representatives and administrative and organisational support for meetings. You will also report back to the relevant teams on any arising topics and issues.
Additionally the post will assist in the coordination of live events relating to the student experience and support to other members of the Student Experience and Employability team as and when required. The post holder will be required to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to deal with staff at all levels and students from a wide range of backgrounds and through a range of mediums, both online and in person. Furthermore the post holder will have excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines and work using their own initiative and discretion. The role sits within the Student Experience and Employability Team within the College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences which is a dynamic and ambitious team spread across two campuses. The team values the opportunity to work collaboratively and creatively on projects developing student support. The ability to work proactively and flexibly, both independently and as part of this team is essential in the role as is the ability to present a professional image of the Disciplines within the College and of the University of Exeter.
For further information, please contact Josie Turner, (Student Experience and Employability Manager, College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences) on J.Turner@exeter.ac.uk or 01326 255756.
Essential Candidate Criteria:
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the follow:
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal with staff at all levels and students from a wide range of backgrounds
- Knowledge of social media platforms and understanding of how to use social media as an effective communication tool in terms of engaging a range of student groups
- Excellent organisational skills; ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines and work using own initiative and discretion
- Experience of event management
- Have the skills to design research, analyse data and write reports
- Experienced and proficient user of Microsoft software packages (e.g. Word and Excel) and willingness to learn new systems/update skills as necessary
- Attention to detail
- Able to work proactively and flexibly, both independently and as part of a dynamic and fast-paced team
- A genuine interest and proven enthusiasm for Higher Education and student engagement would be advantageous
- Ability to present a professional image of the College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences and of the University of Exeter.
- Occasional evening and weekend work, largely during term time and travel to the Exeter Campus as required
Right to work in UK for the duration of the internship
Degree from a UK university within the last 3 years.
Closing Date: 25/07/2018
Interview Date: 03/08/2018
Start Date: August 2018
End Date: 31/12/2018
To apply for this role please complete our internship application which can be downloaded here: http://ex.ac.uk/bqu. Please send your completed form to us by clicking APPLY NOW.