A full-time Curriculum and Employability Support Officer is required within the Camborne School of Mines to assist with some exciting new initiatives, drawing on student input to help with curriculum redesign and ensuring that graduates have the skills and attributes desired in a global workplace.
CSM has a strong history of preparing its students for a global workplace and it is important to us that we produce graduates that are leaders and ambassadors in their field. An opportunity has arisen this summer to review our programmes and take a more innovative and inclusive approach as to how we embed the key attributes demanded by industry ready for the next academic year
As part of this work we will be looking for the successful candidate to work with academics and key employability staff to::
- Evaluate current delivered curriculum highlighting strengths and weaknesses
- Research similar subject curriculums delivered in key comparator institutions globally, to identify good practice to feed into proposed curriculum redesigns.
- Survey current students and recent graduates in order to gather student feedback on existing programmes.
- Based on the above research propose ideas for change, including integration of employability, field and campus based teaching, use of external resources and blended learning.
- Helping to establish a cross year group consultancy firm to take on external projects
- Contributing to the establishment of a new professionalism module
- Carry out any other duties and projects as required by your Line Manager, commensurate with the level of the post.
There will be support and guidance throughout the placement, but you will be expected to work under your own initiative to develop the projects and outputs.
- Qualified to degree level from a UK University, within the last 3 years preferably in a subject directly related to the Geology or Mining field.
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Organised and methodical approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, and an ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to prioritise work applying a flexible/ responsive approach to work demands.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Creative and entrepreneurial
- Experienced user of MS Office and in particular Excel.
- Proven ability to run a project from start to finish.
- Previous experience of sourcing, analysing and providing relevant datasets to an end user.
- Inquisitive and analytical style with an attention to detail.
- Evidence of past networking.
- Good working knowledge of the Geology or Mining sectors
- Demonstrable knowledge of social media platforms, including LinkedIn.
- An understanding of the employability needs of CSM students
- Take a proactive approach to understanding our customers and how we can best meet their needs.
- Work together in a mutually supportive way and towards shared priorities.
- Respond to enquiries (in person, by telephone or email) from staff, students and visitors in a professional and customer-focussed manner.
- Right to work in UK for the duration of the internship.
- Occasional evening and weekend work and travel to the Exeter Campus as required.
Closing Date: 25/07/2018
Interview Date: 03/08/2018
Start Date: August 2018
End Date: 6 months from start date
To apply for this role please complete our internship application which can be downloaded here: http://ex.ac.uk/bqu. Please send your completed form to us by clicking APPLY NOW.