GEOCELL Sales Engineer is required by Mike Wye, a national award-winning sustainable building and decoration manufacturer/supplier in North Devon. The role is to promote GEOCELL Foam Glass aggregate to construction and civil engineering markets in the U.K. This is a permanent graduate job.
Employer: Mike Wye & Associates Ltd
Place of employment: Buckland Filleigh Sawmills, Buckland Filleigh, Devon EX21 5RN
The company has seen significant growth in recent years to become an industry-leading, multi-million pound business. Mike Wye are national award winning manufacturers and suppliers of traditional and sustainable building and decorating products.
Mike Wye encourage environmentally conscious activities within its workforce – with cycle to work schemes, car sharing, and an electrical car charge point on site. We also support a healthy work-life balance by holding a firm stance on business opening hours and an extended company break over the Christmas period.
£22,880 per annum
Permanent job offer for the right candidate, reviewed after 10 weeks.
40 hours per week.
Purpose of Role
Promoting GEOCELL Foam Glass aggregate to construction and civil engineering markets in the U.K.
- To achieve a good knowledge of the GEOCELL product range and their application in order to advise customers and undertake site visits to promote GEOCELL products.
- Devise marketing material including support for a dedicated website.
- To research each specific industry to ensure familiarity with current practices and specifications, typical costs, benefits of GEOCELL.
- To establish and contact target groups.
- Ensuring our technical sales staff have suitable training and technical support.
- Contribute to the running of seminars, workshops, trade shows.
- Contributing to CPD events.
Daily Tasks include:
- Promoting GEOCELL, advising on specification and use, generating sales orders.
- Organising and undertaking visits to potential customers and specifiers.
- Undertaking whatever tasks are required for the smooth running of the business.
Personal qualities and skills required:
- Commitment to the success of the firm and satisfaction of its customers.
- Degree in civil engineering or science degree
- Conscientious approach to all tasks, however minor.
- Numeracy, literacy and computer literacy.
- Ability to work both unsupervised and as a team member.
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment.
Training and Support:
After an initial induction with the General Manager, employees are trained in essential areas to ensure they are both understanding and compliant with law, safety and other necessary procedures to competently carry out their role.
- Graduate of a UK university within the last 3 years.
- Right to work in the UK for the duration of the internship.
Closing Date: 21/02/2019
Start Date: 04/03/2019
End Date: Permanent
To apply for this role please complete our internship application which can be downloaded here: http://ex.ac.uk/bqu. Please send your completed form to us by clicking APPLY NOW