TCarta is a leading global provider of innovative geospatial products and earth observation analysis services. We focus on providing customer focused solutions to solve challenging problems. Leveraging a history of providing bathymetric and seafloor mapping data for marine applications, TCarta now offers onshore and offshore geospatial solutions to meet the needs of all end user groups.
TCarta is offering the opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join their rapidly growing technical team, with the scope to work across the marine, land, and air sections of the company.
About the role
The role will provide technical support to the GIS and Remote Sensing Analysts across all departments in carrying out a wide-reaching variety of technical tasks.
The successful applicant will be based in our Bristol office, and meet the mandatory requirements listed below.
- Studied a relevant science degree, for example Geography, Environmental Management, GIS, Remote Sensing, Geophysics, Hydrography.
- Demonstrable experience in the use of GIS Software packages such as ArcPro/ArcMap version 10.1 onwards, and/or QGIS.
- Ability to work well as part of a dynamic fast paced team, whilst being able to carry out tasks independently where required.
- Demonstrate consistently excellent attention to detail.
- Submit work on time to a high-quality standard.
Desirable (not essential) Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in the use of Remote Sensing Software packages
- Knowledge of common coding languages such as R, Arcpy, Python.
- Knowledge of spatial data management with experience handling large volumes of data.
- Commercial experience.
- Quality assurance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Technical GIS and/or RS background.
- Problem solving mindset.
- Effective in following direction.
- Graduate of a Uk university within the last 3 years
Right to work in the UK for the duration of the graduate internship
Closing date: 26 Aug 2019
Interview date: 2 Sept 2019
Start date: 9 Sept 2019
End date: 12 months from start
To apply for this role please complete our internship application which can be downloaded here: http://ex.ac.uk/bqu. Please send your completed form to us by clicking APPLY NOW