An exciting opportunity has arisen for an IT graduate to join the Business Systems team at Plessey Semiconductors Ltd, based at Roborough, Plymouth. The successful candidate will demonstrate an enthusiasm for the design, build and support of new and existing software applications.
The role will contribute to the development of software solutions to meet the business requirements with emphasis on rapid design and development techniques, providing functional support and enhancements to manufacturing & business applications, across both licensed and bespoke solutions.
Plessey is an embedded technologies developer at the forefront of the microLED technology for augmented and mixed reality (AR/MR) display applications. Plessey has closely partnered with Facebook to help achieve their vision of the next computing platform centred around people.
Plessey is an award-winning provider of full-field emissive microLED displays that combine very high intensity RGB pixel arrays with high-performance CMOS backplanes to produce very high-brightness, low power and high-frame-rate image sources for HMDs, AR and MR systems.
This is a permanent vacancy based at our Plymouth office, working Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm. A competitive salary is available dependent on skills/ experience. Additional benefits include: 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, Private health cover after completing probationary period, excellent pension scheme and life assurance cover, subsidised on site gym and canteen facility, cycle to Work Scheme and location adjacent to Dartmoor National Park with plenty of free parking.
- Through training and mentoring, gain a high knowledge level of core application.
- Gain and maintain a high level of programming skills
- Development and maintenance of IT applications both bespoke and ‘off the shelf’
- Provide consultancy to optimise the use of systems, and provide trouble shooting skills to assist all users
- Build an understanding of business, semiconductor and manufacturing processes and methodologies to support the growth of the business.
- Test, debug, and document software
- Assist in providing instruction and procedures for relevant end user training
- Support departmental communication and business system knowledge transfer where applicable
- Follow and support development of departmental procedures.
- Write clean, maintainable, performant, and testable code
- Improve existing applications as well as build new applications from the ground up
- SQL Server
- Windows programming
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work to tight timescales
- Willingness to provide out of hour’s support
- A good degree in Computer Science/ Computing and Software Development
- Some experience as a developer
- Experience of design and developing software solutions