Rush Construction Services Ltd are Gas Infrastructure Designers, Planners and Consultants to the UK Utilities Industry providing the following professionals within a single company:
- Infrastructure and Pipeline Designers and Planners
- Construction Design and Management Co-ordinators (CDM)
- Quantity Surveyors
- Cost Consultants
- Civil Engineers
- Public Utilities Consultants
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Utilise AutoCAD (computer aided design) systems, computer software and other design aids, as required.
- Prepare own discipline designs, design calculations, drawings and project documents under the guidance of the relevant project manager.
- Prepare and assist with the preparation of design statements, tender documents and any other reports identified in the project quality plan on assigned projects.
- Carry out other duties in the project quality plan on assigned projects.
- Site visits to determine existing building/civil geometry, condition of accessible structure and inspect anything else that might be relevant when carrying out design for any plausible alterations.
- Read and interpret geotechnical reports
- Have an understanding of relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health and Safety Legislation and current designs methods.
- Comply with internal management system procedures.
- Civil/Structural Engineering degree
- A willingness to work from home whilst working under the supervision of our in-house Engineers, mainly with our Civil Engineer in Exeter. All office furniture, equipment, phone, etc. will be supplied and you will be paid £35 per month thereafter, to cover office running costs.
The job requires you to be a car driver and use your personal car for business travel. You will be reimbursed as 45p per mile for the first 10,000 miles and 25p per mile thereafter.
If you are interested, download an application form from https://ex.ac.uk/bqu and email it to us by clicking APPLY NOW.