Graduate Design Engineer
Salary: 20,000 to 22,000 (Dependent on experience)
Hybrid Working: Yes
My client is a team of Engineers, Scientists and Managers whose aim is to create clean, affordable, renewable energy using the power of the ocean. They are one of the leading marine energy technology developers on the market, they have run demonstrations ready for commercialization.
They seek a Graduate Design Engineer to provide design support to the design and engineering team, working closely with the in-house team and external contractors.
The Graduate Design Engineer will support the Design Manager with all product design activities.
My client would like to encourage graduates with a passion for design engineering apply for this role. Submission of a design portfolio is encouraged for this role to show what design work you have done.
The Graduate Design Engineer will be responsible for:
- Creation of 3D CAD models and 2D drawings to support the design and engineering team projects.
- Creation of high-quality images for communications and marketing purposes.
- Creation and maintenance of operational storyboards.
- Creation and maintenance of design documentation.
- Creation and maintenance of bills of materials.
- Supporting document control with CAD and drawing control.
- Supporting creation of other design documents e.g. design specifications, reports, etc.
- Design of prototype parts used for testing.
- A degree or equivalent higher education qualification in design or engineering discipline.
- Experience in the use of a 3D CAD system.
- An understanding of typical design processes.
- Strong team player with effective communication skills.
- Ability to travel for short / medium term (UK and overseas) e.g. to offices, factories, dockyards and offshore.
- Willingness to work flexibly and outside of normal working hours to satisfy the requirements of the role.
- Good organisational skills with ability to work under challenging timescales and with minimal supervision.
- IT literate with proficiency in MS Office and Windows systems.
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written.
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK.
- Valid UK Driving Licence.
- A genuine interest and passion for addressing the challenges of energy generation at sea.
- Experience working in a design or engineering role.
- Experience in creation of 2D engineering drawings.
- Experience in the creation of technical manuals and documentation.
- Experience in the use of Autodesk Inventor.
- Experience in creating high quality images using 3D rendering systems (CAD, 3D studio, Blender etc).
- Good understanding of product design and development processes as well as project engineering processes.
This is a great opportunity for Graduate Design Engineer who want to play a key part in the success of this exciting business.
If you feel you meet the criterial for this position, please call or send your cv to Totec today.
All calls are handled with strict confidence. Thank you.