Plessey is seeking a graduate entry engineer to work on its micro LED structures. The role will require a recently qualified Physicist/Materials Scientist or Electronics Engineer. You will be required to work within The Device Physics Group helping to analyse and understand the optical and electrical characteristics of our Quantum Well micro LED structures.
Plessey is an embedded technologies developer at the forefront of the microLED technology for augmented and mixed reality (AR/MR) display applications. Plessey announced the exciting news in March 2020 that we partnered with Meta (formerly known as Facebook) to help achieve their vision of the next computing platform centred around people.
Plessey is an award-winning provider of full-field emissive microLED displays that combine very high intensity RGB pixel arrays with high-performance CMOS backplanes to produce very high-brightness, low power and high-frame-rate image sources for HMDs, AR and MR systems.
The position is based at our high-tech manufacturing site in Plymouth. Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:00 – 16:30 with an hour for lunch. Additional benefits include Private Health Insurance, Group Personal Pension Scheme, subsidised on site canteen, cycle to work scheme, fully equipped gym, location adjacent to Dartmoor National Park and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Work within the Device Engineering Team (Device Physics) helping to develop new measurement and analysis tools
- Work with the Process Development Group and the Process Architecture groups and suggest reasons and possible fixes for performance limiting behaviour.
- Produce clear and concise reports for dissemination of results among the engineering community.
Key Skills/Qualifications Required:
- BSc/MSc or equivalent in either Physics , Electronics (Solid State Devices) or other relevant discipline ( eg Materials Science)
- A self-starter with good team working and communication skills
- Have a good grounding in Device Physics at undergraduate or master’s level.
- No prior industrial experience in the field is necessary.
CLICK APPLY NOW to submit your application