Interested in technology, the digital environment and industry 4.0?
Are you ready for a role where you can have a long-lasting impact on UK businesses?
Passionate about successful transformational change?
Who we are
The Exelin Group formed in 2002, is a South West-based group of companies compromising of Exelin, SWMAS & Point Infrastructure.
SWMAS is a team of manufacturing and business development experts with a mission: to help transform south west manufacturers into world class businesses. Our unique connections, knowledge and expertise are used in partnership with ambitious manufacturers to help them improve their productivity, develop their capabilities, enter new markets and become leaders in their fields. We support programmes on behalf of government, local enterprise partnerships and other public sector funders. We design and deliver programmes to support manufacturers in a variety of ways, from targeting key supply chains like nuclear and off shore wind to broader services, developing strategy and improving productivity.
Exelin is a dynamic and inspirational business improvement and people development consultancy specialising in operational excellence and performance improvement through employee engagement. By operating within businesses, we gain a unique perspective – using our passion and strong industry experience to understand business issues, we work with client teams to create bespoke solutions and drive deployment so that people feel empowered and encouraged to deliver results.
In this exciting new role, you will be at the forefront of improving our internal digital capabilities to improve our engagement with our customers and our business performance in line with Industry 4.0. In a truly multi-functional team you will have the opportunity to work within and learn from a team with a wide range of expertise. The role will require you to focus on innovative ways of improving customer engagement, business performance and intelligence in line with the Exelin Group’s current digital landscape.
The initial brief will be in two parts. The first is to help us identify and implement improvements to our digital presence and CRM functions and the second is to help us develop and implement our digital offer to our customers.
We can also offer the right candidate autonomy to operate and develop apps on a cloud platform for implementation throughout our business.
You will work alongside a variety of team member and clients to design and implement digital services that deliver sustainable change, working from the shop floor to the boardroom. You'll be encouraged to use your initiative and creativity to deliver far reaching and measurable results for both us and our clients. The unique nature of our approach means that you'll be supported to operate on the front line from day one, working shoulder-to-shoulder with our clients to solve complex problems in fast-moving environments. We are a close-knit team and you will be motivated by challenge and stretching the limits of possibility.
This role has an initial 6-month contract, subject to full term contract upon satisfactory performance and completion of your probation.
Internships at the Exelin Group
Tasks & Accountabilities
Our aim is to transform our data into actionable insights for product performance, business and market intelligence.
- Improve existing IT processes across the business.
- Develop, test and implement the most suitable technologies to identify meaningful patterns or trends from complex data sets to inform marketing decision-making.
- Develop and expand the online-presence of the Exelin Group through digital platforms.
- Analyse and improve regularly the accuracy our technology against business needs.
- Communicate findings through effective and easy-to-understand data visualizations adapted to the audience.
- Be the interface between their functions, the data ecosystem and the requested solution.
- Support our teams in the development of a data-driven mind-set.
- Actively contribute and share best practices, findings, and techniques from the wider data community.
- Delivery of Digital Solutions to resolve business problems.
- Implementation of processes to automate Data Gathering and representation.
- Support development of Digital Applications for consultancy delivery.
- Desire to be on client-site delivering consultancy projects with an Industry 4.0 focus.
This job requires an awareness GPDR and other potential compliance requirements along with a commitment to act with integrity, supporting the foundation for the company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You must have or be working towards a degree in Computer Science, Digital Analysis, Digital Marketing, IT, Statistics or Big Data Analytics. Other CVs with relevant experience will be considered.
- Great communication & interpersonal skills.
- Some experience in coding languages or application development desirable.
- Expert in MS Applications.
- Good level of statistical knowledge coupled with problem solving skills.
- Experience in business to business transactions or project management.
- Ability to decipher large, complex data sets.
To make an application, send your CV and covering letter to us by clicking APPLY NOW.