STEM Graduates into Business are pleased to be supporting Elite Training South West with the recruitment of a Graduate IT Development Coordinator on a 3 month graduate internship. This role is open to recent graduates from any university.
Elite Training South West are seeking a recent university graduate (within the last 3 years) to join the business on a 3 month graduate internship as an IT Development Coordinator.
Your role will be to monitor and maintain our computer systems and networks and you will be tasked with reviewing our current systems, suggesting and implementing improvements and installing and configuring computer systems for maximum performance.
You'll be responsible for the smooth running and development of computer systems and ensuring that our users get maximum benefits from them.
Main responsibilities include:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- talking staff and/or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- troubleshooting system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- replacing parts as required
- providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- creating diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- supporting the roll-out of new applications
- setting up new users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- responding within agreed time limits to call-outs
- working continuously on a task until completion
- prioritising and managing many open cases at one time
We are looking for someone who has the following:
- Have a degree in a computing, IT or similar technical subject
- Have a keen interest in computer systems and networks
- Great communication skills, friendly and approachable
- The ability to work independently on a set task and meet deadlines where appropriate
- A proactive problem solver
We have an anticipated start date of early October 2020. This role is based in Exeter, Devon, with remote working options available.
This opportunity is open to any university graduate, however please note you will be expected to regularly visit our Exeter-based office.
Who are Elite Training South West?
Elite Training South West is an established multi-award winning training company. We provide free provision, training and support to our community and have been successfully operational across Devon for the past 10 years.
Working in our industry is incredibly rewarding, we are privileged to be able to help people achieve their goals both short term and long term and we hear and see some fantastic success stories.
The current pandemic and recent lockdown has highlighted a skills-gap in the business with current IT skills and knowledge being limited, therefore this opportunity has arisen to help the business grow and ensure it has robust system in place for the future.
To find out more about the business, please visit http://www.elitetrainingsouthwest.co.uk/.