STEM Graduates into Business are pleased to be adverting a vacancy for a recent graduate (within last 3 years) with a degree in computer science or similar to work with Metadataworks Limited, initially on a 12-month internship, but with the opportunity for the role to become a permanent role for the right person. Metatdataworks offers informed, technical solutions for data modelling driven by research and experience. and is made up of a team of developers and experienced IT consultants who are G-Cloud supplier to a number of NHS organisations including Genomics England, NHS Digital and Great Ormond Street Hospital.
- Code bug-fixes and maintenance patches on web applications.
- Build prototypes applications based on design requirements.
- Assist in defining requirements, building specification documentation and writing tests.
- Build and run automated test suites, code and develop performance and integration tests.
- Contribute to the development and oversight of the software verification and testing process, including the development of quality assurance procedures.
- Document and maintain software specifications using Jira and Confluence for existing software artefacts.
- Troubleshoot, debug and contribute to the improvement of existing codebases.
- An enquiring mind, be capable of analytical thought, have good problem-solving abilities and be confident enough to engage in technical discussions with both clients and subject matter experts.
- They welcome applicants who enjoy puzzle solving.
- Have the right to work in the UK for the duration of the internship.
To make an application send a covering letter and CV by clicking APPLY NOW clearly demonstrating how you fit the role and person profile and why you would like to work for Metadataworks Ltd. This role is open to graduates from any university who have graduated in the past 3 years. Closing date 11th December 2019.
Metadata Consulting Ltd was founded in 2011 and has a strong background in software development and consultancy to government agencies, corporations and research organisations. In 2019 they started trading with the aim of building a set of SAAS tools based around this work, with seed funding of £500,000. Metadataworks has now taken over the development work of Metadata Consulting, which is still part of the group.
Help with applying can be found in the Careers Advice section here on Gradsouthwest, by contacting your university or college careers department or from the Stem Grads team by emailing email@example.com
This role is being advertised as part of STEM Graduates into Business, a European Regional Development Funded project delivered by the University of Plymouth Careers Service. Its aim is to increase the number of paid internships available to recent graduates with small and medium sized enterprises based in Devon. Funded until spring 2021, the project should produce 80 internships with 80 separate employers across the county.
By providing support and funding to the SMEs, it is hoped that a cohort of graduate employing SMEs will be created which will continue to employ graduates beyond the life of the project.