Edenvale Young Associates Ltd are looking to employ a graduate hydraulic modeller or hydrologist to work in our lively consultancy in Bristol (hybrid working in Bristol or remote (UK) available)
Previous academic or professional experience in the sector is not a requirement. Edenvale Young provides mentoring and extensive training to ensure that our staff are technically competent and industry aware. We have a diverse range of work in the fluvial and coastal sectors of the industry and would welcome applications from graduates with an interest in any of the following:-
- Fluvial science and open-channel hydraulics
- Hydrology or statistics
- Mathematical modelling of physical processes
- Environmental science and engineering
- River and wetland restoration
The ideal candidate would have a good scientific degree such as (but not limited to) Engineering, Environmental Science, Geography, Physics or Mathematics and would be able to demonstrate both strong mathematical skills and an interest in the fluvial environment.
The role of a graduate hydraulic modeller involves:
- Analysing flood risk for a range of clients, from government agencies to private developers
- Using GIS to build, view and assess the results from hydraulic models created using the TUFLOW or Flood-Modeller software
- Participating in the design and testing of flood mitigation measures (including natural flood risk management schemes)
- Creating legible and informative maps showing flood risk and proposed mitigation options for flood risk
- Writing client-facing reports detailing flood risk using LaTeX
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) is an important part of staff development and every team member is encouraged and provided with a budget to attend and present at conferences and other training events. Through a collaboration dating back to 2006, we organise the biannual TUFLOW Conference on behalf of TUFLOW/BMT, members of our team are given the opportunity to present and run workshops at this event.
Whilst based in the heart of lively Bristol, with a friendly and supportive team working out of our small office, we recognise the benefit of flexible and home working. Do feel free to discuss options with us should relocation be a matter of concern for you.
Click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and Covering Letter (all applications must be supported by a covering letter)
The closing date for applications is noon on 31st March 2023. The indicative salary for this role is £23,000-26,000, depending on qualifications and experience.