An opportunity has arisen within the Engineering department for a recent graduate to work as a Process Engineer. This will provide a challenging opportunity to gain a breadth of knowledge about the many processes that make up the operations of Engineering at AEN Exeter.
- To develop, implement and maintain all process engineering activities.
- To reduce process related scrap.
- To technically support production of high quality castings to customers’ requirements
- Achieve cost effected production of components / Processes and qualifications
- Program manage and execute engineering project assignments
- Responsible, with minimal supervision, for process engineering activities on multiple Aero/IGT blades and vanes on programs amounting to millions of pounds in sales revenue for varying customers.
- Responsible for qualification of robust metallurgical sound processes to meet customer specified requirements.
- Review metallurgical related product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and customer contract requirements and related specifications.
- Co-ordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering metallurgical issues.
- Review & approve customer specifications with regard to metallurgical requirements (materials & processes).
- Produce, review and approve internal qualification reports.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing problems.Provide technical support to resolve such problems and resume production of quality parts in a timely manner.
- Complete root cause analysis and implement root cause fixes.
- Measure and achieve process capability requirements.
- To report all process changes to the Process Engineering Team Leader and present plans for their implementation.
- Contribute to the departmental team objectives by accomplishing results as required.
- Materials Degree or equivalent.
- Good statistical understanding (SPC/Process Capability/Gauge R+R).
- High level of computer literacy (Word/Excel/Project)
- Ability to prepare and write reports.
- Good judgment and decision making.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to us by clicking APPLY NOW