A graduate is sought by University of Exeter, Penryn, Cornwall to provide administrative support to the Centre for Ecology and Conservation, its Head and Senior College Administrator. This role offers variety and flexibility with opportunities for training and development. This is a 12 month GBP.
The College of Life and Environmental Sciences is the largest College in Cornwall with 180 staff, comprising the Centre for Ecology and Conservation and the Centre for Geography and Environmental Science. The College Administration team supports academic staff in the delivery of world-class teaching and research. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic and respected department. The role holder will work closely with the Head of Department and Senior College Administrator to deliver projects and tasks that ensure the smooth running, and strategic growth, of this world-class Department.
Purpose of Role
To provide administrative support to the Head of Department and the Senior College Administrator, and to lead on College projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To undertake strategic, departmental projects for the HoD as required (see below).
- To assist the Head of Department with diary arrangements; correspondence; expense claims and ancillary arrangements relating to their schedule.
- To assist the HoD with travel bookings.
- To support College and Department committees (Research, Education, Inclusivity) as required.
- To assist in the arrangement of meetings: including booking rooms and associated logistics.
- To receive and welcome visitors to the College.
- External Relations - organisation of internal & external events; compilation of departmental annual report; promotion of activities through social media, maintenance of web profiles.
- High-level meetings – assist with the organization of high level visits to the campus by the Vice Chancellor’s Executive Group
- Recruitment – assist the Senior College Administrator with the recruitment process
- Committee Support – taking minutes, preparation of papers and presentations.
- Facilities Management – assist with all aspects of facilities management, liaising with other departments as necessary, to ensure staff have a safe and comfortable working environment
- Order equipment and services as necessary.
To assist with and lead on projects that help deliver the mission of the Centre for Ecology and Conservation, and the Centre for Geography and Environmental Science:
- Annual Reports
- Organising workshops and meetings for academic staff and postgraduate students
- Measuring collaborations within and outside the department
- Managing space-use and resources in the department
- Collating and interpreting data on research, education and inclusivity in the department
Training and Development opportunities
As a staff member the intern will be able to take advantage of on-line and face to face University training courses.
- Work Shadowing
- Career Mentor
- Careers Advice
- Careers Resources
- Support finding your next graduate role
Level of Support
The jobholder will be based with an experienced team of 5 staff, who are generous with advice and will offer guidance throughout the internship.
Other Benefits, Rewards and Recognition
- Generous pension
- 39 days holiday per annum, including bank holidays and university closure days
- Graduate of a UK university within the last 3 years
Skills and Understanding
- Sound experience of Microsoft Office software, particularly Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Highly organised with the ability to cope with over-lapping deadlines, able to work on own initiative and prioritise tasks.
- Excellent time management and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Project management experience.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and experience of dealing effectively with staff at all levels in an organisation
- Understanding of university culture and working with academics
Behavioural Characteristics/ Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Ability to work flexibly, creatively and with enthusiasm
- Professional, efficient and friendly manner
- Attention to detail and commitment to high standards of presentation
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Logical approach to developing administrative processes
- Ability to deal with confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
- Willingness to undertake training for University systems
- Right to work in the UK for the duration of the internship.
All Professional Services staff in the College are expected to support and develop the College’s objectives by providing high quality professional services to students, staff, visitors and external stakeholders as effectively and efficiently as possible within the available resources. All staff are expected to:
- Take a proactive approach to understanding our customers and how we can best meet their needs
- Work together in a mutually supportive way and towards shared priorities
- Respond to enquiries (in person, by telephone or email) from staff, students and visitors in a professional and customer-focussed manner
To apply for this role please complete our internship application which can be downloaded here: http://ex.ac.uk/bqu. Please send your completed form to us by clicking APPLY NOW