A graduate is sought by Exeter Law School, University of Exeter, Penryn, Cornwall to support the launch and first year of the new Law and Business Programmes. This GBP role is available immediately for 12 months.
This is an opportunity to support the launch of the innovative Law and Business Degree Programmes on the University of Exeter’s Penryn Campus. The role holder will work closely with the Director of the Law and Business degree programmes, Law School Staff, the College Administrative team and key Professional Services colleagues and the SSIS Strategic Marketing team to ensure the smooth running, and strategic growth, of these new programmes.
Purpose of Role
To complete administrative duties over a 12-month period supporting the establishment of the new Law and Business degree programmes at the Penryn Campus. These are indicative duties and actual requirements will evolve as the teams needs change and other Professional Services teams embed Law as an established area to support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To support the establishment of relationships with 3rd parties delivering the external-facing aspects of the new Law and Business degree programmes including masterclasses, mock trials, law clinics and internships. Activities will include organizing meetings, taking minutes, preparing papers and/or presentations and following up on identified actions.
- To support the booking and administration of day & overnight fieldtrips including identifying the detail required to make appropriate arrangements & assisting in the drafting of risk assessments.During the period of this role the post holder should enable the handover of these activities to the correct Professional Services team (SEAS) to ensure their ongoing support going forward.
- To assist the College Strategic Marketing and Law in Cornwall teams in establishing an initial set of resources that can be used in subsequent communication & marketing campaigns. Activities will include proof-reading and copy-checking, generating print and web content, routing of content to and from academics, organising logistics for video shoots, providing and implementing social media content, associated administrational tasks etc).
- To support the establishment of good working relationships with Business School staff
- To investigate the feasibility of internal & external events and identify the detail required to make subsequent arrangements as appropriate and book.To engage and work with the campus Events team and other Professional Services colleagues to deliver key events;
- To support initial or set-up purchases plus any associated services provided as part of the programme set-up and teaching environment (including a mock courtroom)
- To support Law School Staff, SEAS staff and The Falmouth and Exeter Students Union (The Students Union) Flamank Law Society in setting up systems for the co-ordination of employability activities linked to Exeter Law School.
- To support the establishment of appropriate Committees and Departmental Meetings
- To support the initial relationship with the Industry Advisory Group
- To establish the format of the Penryn Law newsletter
- Ad hoc bookings of rooms, hospitality, VC support and parking permits
Training and Development opportunities
As a staff member the intern will be able to take advantage of on-line and face to face University training courses
- Work Shadowing
- Career Mentor
- Careers Advice
- Careers Resources
- Support finding your next graduate role
Level of Support
The jobholder will be based with an experienced team of 3 staff, who are generous with advice and will offer guidance throughout the internship.
Other Benefits, Rewards and Recognition
- Generous pension
- 39 days holiday per annum, including bank holidays and university closure days
- Graduate of a UK university within the last 3 years
Skills and Understanding
- Good IT skills.
- Highly organised with the ability to cope with over-lapping deadlines, able to work on own initiative and prioritise tasks.
- Excellent time management and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Understanding of social media and web conventions
- Excellent inter-personal skills and experience of dealing effectively with staff at all levels in an organisation
- Understanding of university culture and working with academics
Behavioural Characteristics/ Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Ability to work flexibly, creatively and with enthusiasm
- Professional, efficient and friendly manner
- Attention to detail and commitment to high standards of presentation
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Logical approach to developing administrative processes
- Ability to deal with confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
- Willingness to undertake training for University systems
- Right to work in the UK for the duration of the internship.
All Professional Services staff in the College are expected to support and develop the College’s objectives by providing high quality professional services to students, staff, visitors and external stakeholders as effectively and efficiently as possible within the available resources. All staff are expected to:
- Take a proactive approach to understanding our customers and how we can best meet their needs
- Work together in a mutually supportive way and towards shared priorities
- Respond to enquiries (in person, by telephone or email) from staff, students and visitors in a professional and customer-focussed manner
To apply for this role please complete our internship application which can be downloaded here: http://ex.ac.uk/bqu
. Please send your completed form to us by clicking APPLY NOW