Tech is at the heart of what CoreBlue does, and it always will be. They’re passionate about working with ambitious developers who want to produce technically excellent software. If you want to work with a forward-thinking technology company this may be the role for you.
CoreBlue require a graduate from a Computer Science or related subject to work with them for the next 12 months to develop a cutting-edge reactive SPA’s (Single Page App) which will interface with a RESTful API to control remote network notes as a visual and interactive interface. There may be the opportunity for a longer contract fro the right person.
The majority of their projects are PHP (Laravel Framework) applications with elegant bootstrap front-ends. They also have a keen interest in producing ReactJS SPAs, powered by RESTful JSON APIs.
The skills you’ll have are:
- Laravel Framework
- SPA concepts
Skills that would be beneficial:
- React + Redux
- SCSS (CSS preprocessors)
They take an Agile approach to development so familiarity with SCRUM and common practices within Agile development is a benefit.
Though they work hard at Core Blue, they do like to find balance – whether that’s playing table tennis in the office, grabbing a drink or going out for a group activity – they’re looking for someone who will fit in as part of our close-knit team. They are also keen to support your development, from investment in training and continuous professional development, through to genuinely flexible working arrangements and setups.
Core Blue are looking to build a team of highly skilled developers who truly love what they do and are proud of what they create. As a PHP Web Developer, you may help shape their development practices and process. They’re looking for someone who is hands-on and willing to speak up at all stages of a project and learn along the way. You’ll be responsible for understanding and developing new platforms and services as well as expanding the functionality of existing platforms.
A few perks
- Freedom: you’ll work with a high–spec MacBook or Ubuntu device and a choice of your own screen and keyboard for your ideal setup.
- Flexibility: flexible hours, flexible breaks, flexible chairs.
- Facilities: based in a modern, fun office in Plympton.
- Pension: 5% total pension contributions to a pension plan when you join.
- Activities: regular activities or fun days, so the chance to chill out together.
- Relaxed: though you'll need to work hard, there is also a relatively relaxed environment.
- Bike to work: get a new bike and keep fit by getting a bike through a payroll scheme.
- Development: add to your skill set. You’ll be enrolled in training and gain transferable skills, such as AWS certifications. They are committed to developing staff so if there is something you’re passionate about, they’ll endeavour to cover the costs to help you learn more.
About STEM Graduates into Business
Main business: : Recruitment and HR
STEM Graduates into Business is an European Regional Development Funded project delivered by the University of Plymouth Careers & Employability Service. Its aim is to increasing the number of paid internships available to recent graduates with small and medium sized enterprises based in Devon. Funded until spring 2021, the project should produce 80 internships with 80 separate employers across the county.
By providing support and funding to the SMEs, it is hoped that a cohort of graduate employing SMEs will be created which will continue to employ graduates beyond the life of the project.