STEM Graduates into Business are pleased to be supporting Universal DesignTech Ltd with the recruitment of a Graduate Software Engineer Intern. Although initially offered as a 12-week internship, a permanent role is on offer for the right person.
Universal Design Technology has a vision to revolutionise the way in which we collect, interpret and use data about accessibility in cities, public buildings, and public spaces for people with disabilities. Meeting the needs of all users regardless of age, physical, sensory and cognitive ability. The role will be to assist in the development of mobile and web apps for auditing and survey applications. This will involve working from a project brief and liaising with subject matter experts, developing and testing code and possibly field data gathering.
- Knowledge and some experience of Java, PHP, HTML and CSS
- Experience of MySQL, database design, queries, etc.
- Ability to work with APIs
- Ideally has some experience of the use of IDEs such as Android Studio, Visual Studio, Eclipse etc, but is also willing to learn another proprietary IDE
- Motivated and action-oriented
- Good communications and written English skills
- Flexible attitude, willing to lend a hand when required
- As this is a remote-based role, the graduate will need to be comfortable working on their own, willing to work to deadlines and happy to contribute to other areas of the business if required
- Willingness to travel overseas for short periods if necessary for survey work or installation
There will be regular access to team members and in-person meetings will be held as and when required. There is scope to expand the role over time and to be involved in some very exciting and challenging projects.
Universal DesignTech Ltd is a startup business; however, they do have established relationships with potential clients and they have confirmed the demand for their services. The management team have a great mix of experience in the field of audit and technology, so you would be joining a business with tremendous potential - a potential which you would play a key role in fulfilling!
The role is primarily remote working with occasional trips to Bideford.
To make an application, please send a Cover Letter and CV by clicking APPLY NOW clearly demonstrating how you fit the role and person profile and why you would like to work for Universal Design Tech Ltd. This role is open to graduates from any university who have graduated in the past 3 years. Closing date 13th August 2020.
Help with applying can be found in the Careers Advice section here on Gradsouthwest, by contacting your university or colleges careers department or from the Stem Grads team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is being advertised as part of STEM Graduates into Business, a European Regional Development Funded project delivered by the University of Plymouth Careers Service. Its aim is to increase the number of paid internships available to recent graduates with small and medium sized enterprises based in Devon. Funded until spring 2021, the project should produce 80 internships with 80 separate employers across the county.
By providing support and funding to the SMEs, it is hoped that a cohort of graduate employing SMEs will be created which will continue to employ graduates beyond the life of the project.